X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Heavy conscience

Lately I've noticed, that my conscience started playing a major roll in my day-by-day decisions, now when I know what I do is wrong, most of the times I can't go through with it anymore, of course having a conscience is in general a good thing, but I am starting to wonder if I started doing only the right thing just as a way to obtain approval from others.

If you may wonder about my up-bringing, I was raised like a normal child, being taught from when little by my family, what it wrong or right, just common sense stuff, like being polite and similar stuff.

Overall what I wanna know is if being easily influenced by my conscience can have some bad sides also.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Whenever I want to talk about conscience, I always like to refer to philosopher John Fiske who said, ‘We approve of certain actions and disapprove of certain actions quite instinctively. We shrink from stealing or lying as we shrink from burning our fingers’. This is my accepted definition of conscience. People can find the article here-http://www.worldtransformation.com/conscience/
topsy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulz0r View Post
Lately I've noticed, that my conscience started playing a major roll in my day-by-day decisions, now when I know what I do is wrong, most of the times I can't go through with it anymore, of course having a conscience is in general a good thing, but I am starting to wonder if I started doing only the right thing just as a way to obtain approval from others.

If you may wonder about my up-bringing, I was raised like a normal child, being taught from when little by my family, what it wrong or right, just common sense stuff, like being polite and similar stuff.

Overall what I wanna know is if being easily influenced by my conscience can have some bad sides also.
Do you really look like your avatar? Because you look pretty.
vstar401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't think this is a bad thing.
ShadowOnTheWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

nice to see I got some responses after 6 months I posted this

@vstar101

Quote:
So I'm gonna say no.