Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did you ever have imaginary friends

2K views 32 replies 29 participants last post by  BuzzAldrin 
#1 ·
I remember I used to have one that I would pretend was like my body guard and would protect me, and his body was harder than diamonds so he could never die or get hurt lol

Did anyone else have any? and did you name them? I don't think I ever named mine, or if I did I can't remember

#2 ·
Yes, I had lot of imaginary friends. The two closest were James and David.

I had wars of imaginary friends with other actual friends too, kind of like that whole Marvel versus Capcom super hero deal.

#3 ·
No, but my daughter did/does. One teacher literally thought Hannah had a new sister at home and sent me a card congratulating me on the new baby.:shock

She still has friends but they come out when she's playing with her dolls. She's an only child. Yes she has "names" picked out for them, but to protect the innocent;-)))) I won't mention their names.

#12 ·
I used to have one, but the next day he'd always disappear. :( I don't think he liked me very much.

Not an imaginary friend per say, but I often talked to myself, in my head, as If I was talking to someone else. Still do from time to time actually.
^ This too.

#17 ·
This is me. I never had invisible friends, I had plush and plastic friends. :b
I also remember there was this huge tree in our backyard and my sister and I gave it a name. We used to say it was our friend, lol.

#29 ·
Yes, I had several. And, I remember one was a girl named Lisa that said she used to live in California and was my sister. I told my family, and they thought I was crazy, I guess...they still like to laugh about it to this day :).
When I was a small child, I once described the appearance of an imaginary friend I had and announced the name of it, the appearance and name being the exact same as a brother I had never seen nor heard of, as my father did not have contact with him, according to my mother. I do not remember the imaginary friend, but it is rather chilling.

#24 ·
I used to play by myself when I was younger sometimes and I used to make pretend I was talking to people. So yeah I guess I did have imaginary friends lol

#26 ·
Yes, I had plenty. I also used to put my plush toys to sit in front of me and then lecture them like they were my students. Right before I go to sleep at night, I close my eyes and always enter into an imaginary world of where I want to be. It helps me fall asleep faster.

#27 ·
Did anyone ever have an imaginary friend that scared them like Tony in The Shining you know REDRUM RED RUM? I had one named Zoey who was a dog in fact, she was a Golden Retriever she was the closes thing to a friend that I ever had, she was the innocence in me she was good and loving, even today I think about her. Zoey had green eyes she was bigger then you average Retriever, she loved children. Ah Zoey those were the days of innocence that I will never get back.

#30 ·
This sort of reminds me of this girl my sister knew in elementary school. My sister and I would sometimes play with her and some other girls during recess. This girl was obsessed with wolves. She was always talking about how she had these invisible wolf friends and how they were real but only she and another one of the girls could see them. Apparently, the wolves could speak and had special powers. They would "appear" in one part of the playground, a grassy part, and she would talk to them in front of us. I remember my sister and I were always like :roll.

my imaginary friend was minnie mouse. :teeth good times
LOL!

#28 ·
Yes, his name was Blue. He was short, his entire being coloured in a dark shade of blue, and was dressed a pirate. He had a mess of hair that would poke in different directions, the fringe being saw from beneath his hat. He had a smattering of freckles across his nose and cheeks, and his face was an oval shape, but was an oval shape vertically. He sounded extremely like a character from a television show I used to watch, I saw him until I was nine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.