Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Coincidences

910 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Evo1114 
#1 ·
Do you notice a lot of coincidences in your life? Like you'll think or talk of a topic and then someone will bring up the same topic shortly after. I notice this a lot. I'm sure it is only because if you think of enough topics, some of them are bound to be brought up again. Still it is weird at times and almost makes you wonder if one causes the other.

Recently re-watched The Shawshank Redemption on Saturday and Sunday. Found out this morning while listening to the radio that the famous tree from the movie fell over Friday.

Remember as a kid bugging my parents to let me buy a slingshot. Out of nowhere a kid at school tried to sell me one.

#5 ·
That someone was me :b She thought it was strange, and I encouraged her to share. What was weird to me is you don't even eat tomato soup. You just happened to mention a can in the cupboard that my dad gave us when my Mom passed away over a half year ago. The show was America's Got Talent.

#6 ·
was talking about a Greek yohgurt commercial, came up right after!

#7 ·
Yes. I didn't used to but it's been happening a lot more in recent years. Very strange. Don't really know what to make of it. I've never been someone who believes in superstition or supernatural or whatever. So I guess I still think it's just random stuff that doesn't seem random.

#12 ·
I used to think how weird this was too, but then I read an article relating to that thing where you have a song stuck in your head and then suddenly the song comes on on your iPod....

You take notice of these things because they are out of the ordinary. Think of all the times when you had a song stuck in your head and the song did NOT come up on your iPod. It happens all day, every day. It's just a chance thing. Like 999,999 out of 1 million times, it doesn't happen and you pay it no mind, but that one in a million time it does happen, you take notice because it is simply out of the ordinary.

I'm probably sounding like a MAJOR buzzkill, but just wanted to share that. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.