Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Official NBA thread

68K views 2K replies 111 participants last post by  Kevin001 
#1 ·
Leeggggggggoooooo!!!! I'm excited for this season. Raptors are actually supposed to do something this year.

Looking forward to Kobe jacking 30 shots a game to score 30 (/sarcasm)

Parker with some heroics today. Who's your favourite to win it all this year?

#238 ·
This should be a good series.

#240 ·
Warriors can shoot lights out but I don't like their ball movement that much for an offensive powered team. I always see them struggle to move the ball under full-court pressure.

So if it's a close game, or close series I don't like it in their favor.

They do have a very solid defense for an offensive juggernaut, so they're much more than your typical run n' gun team.

#242 ·
Warriors finally played the defense they're capable of in overtime. That's the real Warriors team right there. Getting their offense through their defense.

They got extremely lucky that LeBron and Jr bricked their shots at the end of regulation.

#243 ·
Its official Kyrie Irving is out for the finals.......Cavaliers now have to avoid getting swept.

#244 ·
I like both teams but it sucks that Irving got injured and is out. I want to see both teams at- or as close to- full strength as possible. I want close games like Game 1 in a long series. Makes for way more fun and entertainment than a sweep.

#246 ·
Game 1 was so sloppy. Now it's Lebron and a bunch of bench warmers and has-beens vs full strength Warriors

series over Golden State sweeps

#247 ·
Series isn't over yet. The Vodoo Cavs faced some Karma in Game 1, but the reffing was a bit curious to me still. LeBron could've easily (numerous times even) been in foul trouble from the get-go but he seemed to have foul repellent on him the entire game. I expect reffing to go into overdrive come game 2.

Bet your buck there'll be multiple "Ref you suck" chants, if not, then my name must be Rudolf Fickleberry.

#248 ·
Warriors are good, no doubt. I'll be happy if they win the Championship. But I was watching ESPN and they were saying how it was remarkable that the Warriors faced teams with an injured or completely out point guard in every series in this playoffs.

It's like the road opened up for Golden State. I'm not trying to say they wouldn't have made the Finals anyway, but take away any team's starting PG and you weaken them.
Holiday, Conley, Beverly, Irving.

#249 ·
The Cavs were no better, on top of the fact that all the teams they faced were bottom feeders. Memphis and Houston could sweep the entire eastern conference not named Cavs or Bulls, and New Orleans would probably take the Hawks to 7 victorious.

Cavs' road:
Boston(Jared/ Crowder + ridiculously minimal suspension for JR).
Bulls(Gasol/ SF guy/ Gibson/ JR kills them).
Hawks(Kover/ Horford/SF guy).
Cavs almost had a Curry and Klay injury, almost...

#250 ·
Right. That's true. But Love was out almost the entire playoffs as well as Iriving. That's pretty huge. Luckily Golden State was probably the most healthy team in the entire playoffs.

Like I said, I'm happy if either team wins, but I would've rather seen two healthy teams in the Finals. Injuries are part of the game, I know, but I want to see a competitive series.

#252 ·
No Kyrie, no Love, no chance. This one is over in 4, 5 tops. Such a shame. It could've been a good series.

The entire playoffs seemed uneventful this year, aside from Clippers/Spurs. The NHL on the other hand has been amazing.

Back to watching hockey.

#256 ·
Thompson and LeBron, both could go for 40. This is exciting.

#259 ·
What a game, wow. I'm loving this.

#261 ·
It's not over till it's over.

I think it will be a long series now as well.

#264 ·
I had to look it up because I wasn't sure either but the Finals are:

However, this year they are changing to the 2-2-1-1-1 format, where each team plays 2 of the first four games at home, then they alternate each game for games 5-7.

#265 ·
All this Dellavedova stuff is getting blown out of proportion. Lets see what he does tonight.

#266 ·
Being a Cavs fan and having seen a lot of Delly theres a couple of things about him. He will always give his all and has no issue doing something for the good of the team. He will never be a big scorer, he hasn't got the ball handling of an Irving or a Curry and has no mid-range shot whatsoever. He has a thing going with Tristan Thompson and Alley Oops. Them 2 always seem to combine several times a game.

I really believe he can shut Curry down again, he is the most annoying defender, always in your face, initiating contact.

JR Smith needs to step up, had an absolute shocker in game 2. Its always the same with him, when he's good he's unplayable but when he's bad, he is awful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.