I make great first impressions. The people get to know me the more they dislike me. - Social Anxiety Forum

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
SAS Member

I make great first impressions. The people get to know me the more they dislike me.

I am always liked at first. Then slowly through numerous small interactions they begin to sense how awkward I am. I can feel the change on how they view me. Sometimes I mutate words together in attempts to have BS conversations. It never turns out well. I can talk about serious issues fine. It's the conversations about nothing that kill me. I left every friend I knew to quit drugs. Now I have not one friend in the world. It's depressing at times...very depressing. I feel like the world sees a stupid sign on my forehead. I'm learning to live with that. On the other hand I don't know if I want the hassle of friendships again. But deep down I would love someone to relate to and with. Anybody else feel this way?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 PM
SAS Member

Sure. Lots of people do.

I am not good at keeping friends. I am hard to get in contact with and I am not passionate about getting in contact with people. I am trying to change that with the few friends I have left.

I think you do want friends even if it may seem like a hassle. I think it won't feel like a hassle once you connect with someone that you really enjoy.

If you don't like small talk, then you should go ahead and talk about things in depth. Don't hold yourself back, other people might find it interesting and contribute to the same subject.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 AM
Aesthetically Challenged

My Mood: Goofy
People dislike me on sight. But I've noticed that there are a few people who will be nice at first, but overtime become cold and avoidant toward me.

I've learned over the years that it's all about how you make people feel. And if you make other people feel awkward, they'll naturally dislike you and you really can't blame them.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:07 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz21 View Post
I am always liked at first. Then slowly through numerous small interactions they begin to sense how awkward I am. I can feel the change on how they view me. Sometimes I mutate words together in attempts to have BS conversations. It never turns out well. I can talk about serious issues fine. It's the conversations about nothing that kill me. I left every friend I knew to quit drugs. Now I have not one friend in the world. It's depressing at times...very depressing. I feel like the world sees a stupid sign on my forehead. I'm learning to live with that. On the other hand I don't know if I want the hassle of friendships again. But deep down I would love someone to relate to and with. Anybody else feel this way?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup. It's gotten better though recently. I have always felt the slow disappointment when they realize i don't speak as much as them. Putting more of my opinions out on the forum has actually helped my openess off of it. So that's nice lol.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM
SAS Member

Yeah I feel this way too but try to remember that its not 'you' whose repelling people, its your anxiety and feelings of being uncomfortable and self conscious. Also allot of people are a**Hol*s
There's so much propaganda about mental health awareness, if youve problems go speak to someone and we all shouldnt stigmatise or judge people who are mentally ill yet I feel judged every single day and despite trying again and again and again to get help and speak to someone, no one cares nor do they want to listen.
Mental health problems are so debilitating and half of the reason they are is because people judge so much and make you feel like theres something deeply wrong with your character and personality. Unless youre actually hitler you dont deserve the judgment and rejection that you get from other people.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page