X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Discussion > Students

Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Never been to a party?

I am in 2nd year of college and I have never been to a party with my peers in high school or college. How sad is that? Also, how big of a loser does that make me?
mmac900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
I am in 2nd year of college and I have never been to a party with my peers in high school or college. How sad is that? Also, how big of a loser does that make me?
about as big of a loser as me. i turn 20 on the 15th, and have never kissed a girl, never went out in highschool (actually got kicked out of highschool because a kid was picking on me and a teacher hated me and sided with him..not that it matters because im in the same college as most of those kids now and im doing better than they are.)

but yeah...your time will come.
rctriplefresh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't think that makes you a loser at all. Partying is overrated.
secretlyshecries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think I am the worst

Never been to a party
Never went out/ hang out with any friends
Never had any real friends
Never had a girlfriend
Never had a date
Never spent more than 10 minutes alone with a girl

When people find out about this, what will they think of me? Ofcourse im a loser.
Setolac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setolac View Post
I think I am the worst

Never been to a party
Never had a girlfriend
Never had a date

When people find out about this, what will they think of me? Ofcourse im a loser.
yeah didnt really want to admit it but im htat way too. i have ''friends'' in class, but never had friends outside of class. i had a girl touch my penis for a second, but iwwas wearing pant bottoms. never have i kissed a girl, or been on a date.

im sure this post makes me seem like a man *****, let me clarify. i was in school and this random girl said can i touch your penis..and i was about to say i dont think thatd be a good idea when she grabbed it and walked away.
but yeah i have never had any friends or a girlfriend in my lfie, and ifear if i ever do get friends or a girlfriend, they will leave me when they hear this.
i mean what kind of girl will say oh youre 20 and never kissed a girl before thats so cute...most girls now adays are ****ty beotches. its hard to find a nice girl, they all are poisoned by the medias./
Old 10-11-2009, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I think I am the worst

Never been to a party
Never had a girlfriend
Never had a date

You're only a loser if you keep calling yourself a loser and dwelling on all what you haven't done. Look, there's still time to achieve all the things you want. I'm constantly beating myself up for the fact that I've hardly lived at all but in the end, what does it matter? There's time. The world isn't going to end tomorrow.

There's all this peer pressure-- we have to have kissed someone by a certain age, we have to have had sex at a certain age. Well I say screw all that. Wanting these things because everyone else has them or has experienced them is wanting for the wrong reasons, imo. You should want them for yourself and only when you're ready. I had my first kiss when I was 17 (just shy of my 18th). It was horrible. I felt a little better afterwards because I'd finally 'done it' (lol not that 'it') but no one else knew I hadn't been kissed up until that point so it's not like it mattered. I didn't like the guy, and I didn't see him again. I felt a little disgusted with myself afterwards for letting it happen because the guy was kind of gross. I would have prefered my first kiss to be better than that and if that meant waiting a few more years, so be it (that's not to say I had huge expectations of what it should've been like, I just mean I would've liked it to have been with someone who I genuinely liked as a person).

Don't worry so much about these things. They'll happen. I'm still a virgin and I used to worry about it all the time but at this point, I don't care anymore. I'm sure I'll meet someone nice eventually and if they're not understanding about it, they're not worth it anyway.
secretlyshecries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretlyshecries View Post
You're only a loser if you keep calling yourself a loser and dwelling on all what you haven't done. Look, there's still time to achieve all the things you want. I'm constantly beating myself up for the fact that I've hardly lived at all but in the end, what does it matter? There's time. The world isn't going to end tomorrow.

There's all this peer pressure-- we have to have kissed someone by a certain age, we have to have had sex at a certain age. Well I say screw all that. Wanting these things because everyone else has them or has experienced them is wanting for the wrong reasons, imo. You should want them for yourself and only when you're ready. I had my first kiss when I was 17 (just shy of my 18th). It was horrible. I felt a little better afterwards because I'd finally 'done it' (lol not that 'it') but no one else knew I hadn't been kissed up until that point so it's not like it mattered. I didn't like the guy, and I didn't see him again. I felt a little disgusted with myself afterwards for letting it happen because the guy was kind of gross. I would have prefered my first kiss to be better than that and if that meant waiting a few more years, so be it (that's not to say I had huge expectations of what it should've been like, I just mean I would've liked it to have been with someone who I genuinely liked as a person).

Don't worry so much about these things. They'll happen. I'm still a virgin and I used to worry about it all the time but at this point, I don't care anymore. I'm sure I'll meet someone nice eventually and if they're not understanding about it, they're not worth it anyway.
yeah it makes me sick seeing all these 11 year olds on yahoo answers asking about axe cologne and kissing. i mean what has society become, no wonder no one on this forum likes people..whats to like about the modern day society. but yes i agree iwant to kiss a girl just because i want to do it already. its frustrating not doing these things. ifeel like ill never do them hahas. i just want to have some fun for once in my life and get a girlfriend thats all./
Old 10-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Woo! I'll join the "never been to a party" club. I'm past the point of caring though.
January 1991-February 19, 2007
lyssado707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

partys are overrated. Just an excuse to get really messed up, do something stupid, then have an excuse the next day of why you did it.
Unlikely hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Meh, yeah, same here, 3rd year of college and no parties at all. Although I don't really mind, don't really feel the need to go to one.
its_a_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)

Been to parties a lot, not overrated, certainly not at first. You'll start to like them less when you grow older, and then you rarely go to parties except where older people are to.
But well you are even older then me so I don't know if you'll still like it.

For me this applies:

Never had a girlfriend
Never had a date
Never spent more than 10 minutes alone with a girl (however I had a friend who was a girl but that when I was like 6-8 years old)
Virgin
TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctriplefresh5 View Post
i was in school and this random girl said can i touch your penis..and i was about to say i dont think thatd be a good idea when she grabbed it and walked away.
/
thats a situation id like 2 b in
Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

I was at a party with only very quiet/shy people, once. It was weird but also fun.
None of us even dared to stand up and get ourselves something to drink. Me and my one aquaintance just sat there for the whole night, eating pretzel sticks, because they were standing right in front of us.

Other than that, I've only been to one party. Later I found out that I had only been invited because the girl felt sorry for me :/

I don't have any real friends, never hang out with anyone, never had a boyfriend, never kissed, never held hands, never had a date, never had anyone express the slightest bit of interest in me.
KumagoroBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

I've never been to a party either. I'd like to go, just to see what they're about, but I doubt I'd really say or do anything while I'm there.
Peter Attis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've never been to a "party." And I'm in my final year of college.

I don't know...I mean, a part of me used to be okay with that fact. Like in high school. I always thought all the 'popular' kids were kind of dumb because of the stupid things they'd do that'd get themselves in trouble (like excessive drinking). Maybe also 'cause I knew college was coming and there'd be a chance there. But now I just sort of feeling like I'm missing out.

It's weird...a part of me wants it, but another part of me *knows* it's NOT my scene at all. I'd just end up going there, sitting there silent by the wall...not dancing, not talking (or only talking to those that I KNOW)...and just looking at other people having fun.

I suppose the part of me that wants to go, is the part of me that would really love to experience what it's like to be so damn carefree and happy and easygoing as everyone else seems to be. But again, that's not me. :S

Meh. You are not alone. Right now I don't even have anyone to go hang out with. Not one single friend. And of the friends I've had, most only came to hang out with me as a last resort (when none of their other, "fun" friends were available.) It sucks.
FlickeringHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickeringHope View Post
I've never been to a "party." And I'm in my final year of college.

I don't know...I mean, a part of me used to be okay with that fact. Like in high school. I always thought all the 'popular' kids were kind of dumb because of the stupid things they'd do that'd get themselves in trouble (like excessive drinking). Maybe also 'cause I knew college was coming and there'd be a chance there. But now I just sort of feeling like I'm missing out.

It's weird...a part of me wants it, but another part of me *knows* it's NOT my scene at all. I'd just end up going there, sitting there silent by the wall...not dancing, not talking (or only talking to those that I KNOW)...and just looking at other people having fun.

I suppose the part of me that wants to go, is the part of me that would really love to experience what it's like to be so damn carefree and happy and easygoing as everyone else seems to be. But again, that's not me. :S

Meh. You are not alone. Right now I don't even have anyone to go hang out with. Not one single friend. And of the friends I've had, most only came to hang out with me as a last resort (when none of their other, "fun" friends were available.) It sucks.
I feel the same as you. I feel like I want to go and experience it and see what it's like but at the same time i feel like it's really not my scene.

I have seen a lot of people on here say they never had a partner, never kissed, had sex. I did and I do and have done those things. My question is, would you rather have been to parties or had a partner if you could choose?
mmac900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

I've been to a couple of parties (stayed sober), and I've come to the conclusion that partying is overrated too. I'm pretty sure that I'm not alone when I say this, but I would rather go out and see a good/entertaining movie, enjoy a nice dinner, and play a card/board game than go out and get wasted.

And at any rate, isn't college supposed to be about the learning and academic experience, not the heavy drinking and flunking out of classes? Isn't college supposed to be about getting an education, studying abroad, and yes, finding yourself and not something out of jackass?

I have one good friend, and she's somewhat of a partier. She wants to get high Friday and go to some frat parties. I would like to go, but I'd rather see a movie or go shopping instead. :/
DitzyDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmac900 View Post
I feel the same as you. I feel like I want to go and experience it and see what it's like but at the same time i feel like it's really not my scene.

I have seen a lot of people on here say they never had a partner, never kissed, had sex. I did and I do and have done those things. My question is, would you rather have been to parties or had a partner if you could choose?
defiantely a parnter. i have no interest in partying, it seems stupid, but having a gf for a change would be nice. someone to study with etc. i do study with ''friends'' from my class a few times a week before class though so i am doing ok socially..while inside of school grounds that is except(not friends with anyone outside of school) i still need a gf.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setolac View Post
I think I am the worst

Never been to a party
Never had a girlfriend
Never had a date

When people find out about this, what will they think of me?
Don't admit anything. Nor is there anything wrong with lying, my man
Sydney s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

You cant judge yourself by parties. I ve been to like a hundred, and threw some good ones as well including a new years millenium party that was legendary in my town, and you know what, that doesnt make me great or cool but just a guy that had fun. My advice just try and make new friends whenever you can and you might get some party invites.
pjm1978 is offline   Reply With Quote