I've tried almost every medication without success.
Finally parnate actually works. Here's my story week by week
- Euphoric feeling. Felt quite high and ontop of the world. Slightly dizzy. I ate soy sauce as I read food interactions were overrated (They are not). The soy sauce gave me quite a strong headache. Anxiety was still quite high. Extreme insomnia (I no longer needed to sleep). I'm super full of energy and bound off walls!
During week 1 I took 10 mg parnate for 3 days then 20mg.
- SA is extremely down. 70% of SA is gone. Note I still feel quite tense and a bit too on edge however, the anxiety no longer controls me. I am far more social and comfortable talking to girls and superior figures. The euphoric feeling has decreased. I feel a little dizzy and still have insomnia however, it is not as bad. I'm still a bit to full of energy. Parnate seems to have a stimulating effect.
During week 2 I took 40mg parnate.
SA is still down about 70% which is great! Still pretty tense but I'm pretty happy with this medication. I've noticed a fair increase in derealisation and I'm a little dizzy at times. That being said the side effects are totally bareable compared with other medications. My appeitite has decreased slightly and I believe I will lose a little weight. My energy levels are slowly starting to normalise however, I am still very energetic and throw myself around. I have also noticed
And you know the best part!! NO SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS. In fact I'm a 24 year old guy and my sex drive has been the best it's ever been! Okay so there has been a few sexual notes:
- Takes me longer to orgasm
- Sexual arousal feels quite different
- My erections are stronger
- I feel less of an interest in masturbating yet more of an interest in having sex
Okay so bottom line is parnate is working. The side effect including insomnia are totally bareable. I might need to increase my dose to 60 mg to totally remove my SA disorder.
Re: Food interactions: It's quite easy to avoid the no go list. Really there isn't too much. That being said do take the food interactions seriously as the headache hurts if you eat something wrong
. I've occasionally noticed a slight headache which I attribute to eating something with a little bit of the naughty thing your not meant to eat.
- Some people say it poops out and stops working. I hope this will not be the case with me
- I'm still very tense despite anxiety being drastically reduced
- The insomnia is a little annoying
- I feel a little dizzy/high/depersonalised
BUT OMFG IT WORKS. NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED FOR ME.... Gogo Parnate ze lifesaver.
I take 40mg all in the morning as this way = less insomnia.