Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Mass Effect

1K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  brealair 
#1 ·
Any Mass Effect fans here?

If so what's your favorite specialization/class, FemShep or MaleFep? Favorite game in the series? Favorite characters? And what do you think about Andromedas?

#2 ·
I honestly never played it....but I really want to!!!

#4 ·
Ah yeah this game.... <3, first played in 2007 and bought the 2nd on xbox 360, loved it !.
I would say the first one had a better story than the others.
What i remember the most from this game was the Normandy, was really cool to go to on another planet with it.
Good times.

#6 ·
Personally I enjoyed the second game's story the most because of the characters (Miranda and Samara being personal favorites). Although I do like the darker war story and unifying the races in one goal that was present in the third game. The Normandy is amazing :)

#9 ·
Ok hmm...do they have 1 for ps3? Ik it was only to the Xbox 360 at one point and I have the 3rd game for my ps3

#11 ·
i like me3 because it more challenging and timing in playing missions is important in this installment. do you guys remember the mission when you have to respond to an sos message sent from students being harrased by cerberus? if you save the kids they will join you as war assets and thats if you play the mission as soon as you get the sos without playing other side missions first.

#14 ·
love the games. I prefer my sci fi grand-scale so i like 3 the best even though the ending wasn't that strong. The first has a great story and is still fantastic but the gameplay doesn't hold up that well sometimes. 2 is just awesome as well.

I choose vanguard. I need some soldier because i like the shooting and biotic is just too cool to pass. I've never played fem-shep, but i hear she's actually better so maybe next time

I'm definitely excited for andromeda. Can't wait, although I'm worried it might be disappointing. I mean the reapers might be the best villians i've ever played, so I wonder what it's going to be.

don't really have a favourite character I think. Some better than others. If I had to choose I'd say jack (unpopular opinion). I thought she was cool. Just crazy but with something beneath the surface.
All the other characters Always had something that prevented them from being my favourite. ashly was racist, kaiden was a prick, Miranda self-righteous, etc

Thane: "His eyes water. He tugs at my sleeve. He asks, 'Why didn't you stop them from letting Mommy go?' ... I'm sorry. The memories come strong sometimes."
Shepard: "His eyes unfocus. He babbles something about his son, completely disrupting the conversation. He cryptically half-apologizes and expects me to figure out what's going on."

#15 ·
I'm probably the only gamer who hates Mass Effect. I also hate Dragon Age. But I did love Jade Empire, though mainly because of the martial art and Chinese lore. It's Bioware's best game since the Baldur's gate series.

#17 ·
I think I played as engineer in both 2 and 3. I loved using biotics in 3's multiplayer, though. That's one of the few multiplayer games I actually got into. ME2 was definitely the best overall to me. ME3 came close but the ending was pretty ballsed up. I didn't like the first game much at all. Like the story was great but that combat holy ****. I cannot ****ing wait for Andromeda. RPGs like this and Dragon Age are just the greatest **** in the world to me.

#18 ·
To me, ME has always been much more about the story than the gameplay. The latter just doesn't have the room to swing in any of the games - the areas are too linear and restrictive, the encounters too scripted, there's just not enough meat to it all. My favorite in the series is ME3, which picks up from the epicness of the latter half of ME2 and keeps it going. ME2 has the issue that it starts off very slowly and in boring environments, and it also has the most simplistic gameplay.

Favorite char might be Mordin, the consummate utilitarian. ''Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes execute dangerous people. Either way helps.''

I haven't read about the new game, but I hope they won't necessarily focus on humanity, maybe have a non-human protagonist in a pre-contact prequel. But that's too risky, it'll probably be a sequel with a human lead.

#19 ·
Mass Effect is one of my favourite video game series.

The first one is good, maybe has the best story and exploration in the trilogy, but some of its mechanics are clunky (mainly the combat).

2 is my favourite. They polished up the gameplay in it.

3 had the ending a lot of people didn't like, but I was also disappointed that it had less exploration. Exploring the galaxy might be my favourite part of the Mass Effect games.

I do want to get Andromeda. Since you'll be in a new galaxy, I'd like the game to have even more exploration than before. I don't know if I'll get to play it though because I might not get a PS4 now that Nintendo is releasing a new console. I hope Andromeda will come out on the NX.

#20 ·
I feel like they're going to make Andromeda like they made Inquisition. More open world, but less engaging quests. I really hope not, though. I hope they learn from those mistakes if they do. I guess Mass Effect is pretty linear overall but it's never bothered me or even really felt that way. But honestly no matter what I'm sure I'll love it.

#21 ·
I couldn't play as the male Shepard even if I wanted to, his voice acting is so god awful it's almost laughable. Also Garrus was the best character, all the others where interesting enough in their own right but I don't think any of them even came close. It wasn't like DA:O in which I loved pretty much the whole cast.

#22 ·
One of my all time favorite games. It got me into playing RPGs which I never liked.

The first is my favorite but I enjoyed the second too. I haven't had a chance to play the third.

#23 ·
Mass Effect gives me a Mass Erect. I generally always play some kind of Biotic, or just full soldier. I think I enjoyed the second game the most, with the 3rd coming close close second then of course the first. Andromeda, I honestly don't know much about it.

#24 ·
My favorite is either the first or the second game. I enjoyed the third game, but nowhere near as much as the other ones.

I haven't played Mass Effect in a while, but my class was always either Adept, Vanguard or Soldier.

Choosing a favorite character is hard because there was a bunch I liked, but among my top characters there's Garrus, Mordin, Wrex and Tali(best girl and my ME waifu).

#27 ·
Well I know they fixed some graphic/animation related stuff like lip syncing issues and making the eyes look more human lol. They also let you skip these really long, unnecessary cut-scenes but uhh...dunno what else. Haven't even played it with the first patch. Game is still incredibly disappointing and no patch gonna fix that lol. I'd go with Nier if I were you.

#29 ·
HUGE fan here! My favorite is ME2, the suicide mission was the most epic mission I ever played in a video games tbh.

I was extremely excited for ME:A but decided not to get it after the reviews came out. Has anyone else played it? I might just use my money to buy something else, like H:ZD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.