For those w/ no friends, how do feel about multiplayer games? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 PM
SAS Member

I personally love games that have both a campaign mode and a multiplayer or pvp option. So much variety. I never pvp. You can come across terrible people. I can't play most multiplayer games anyway because I get motion sickness easily. The thing about having no friends is that you can always make online/ gaming friends and play multiplayer that way. If you post on r/steamfriend or here even you're bound to find someone that has a game in common

I wish I was a cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 02:41 AM
SAS Member

I can't play games like DOTA or League of Legends because those kinds of games are brutal to the incompetent.

Or maybe I'm freaking afraid of criticisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 10:14 AM
tank cat

I play against randoms each time.

I could probably do both teamspeak and regular online gaming with people I actually know in real life, if I actually had irl friends that is..

I like donuts

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-19-2017, 08:48 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Confused
I used to like MP games, but I have a hard time with them these days. If I get a good group of friends I can rely on, it fine, but ending up with pugs is hellish. People get downright nasty if you make even the smallest mistake. I get so self conscious of messing up, that I'm afraid to join groups.

So many games have these intricate instances where everyone has to be coordinated, and if you don't know what to do, you're screwed, yet how are you ever supposed to learn?

My of my favourite old games, Aion, used to be PVPVE, so you could either group up, or go off and do your own thing. Then it became open world PVP, and unless you have a group of geared friends around you, you can't play. It's sad that the game lost its community and became a coliseum.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:22 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Lurking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
I feel the same as I always felt about multiplayer games. They should always come with single player campaigns. And SP games should always have some kind of multiplayer or co-op if possible.

And I don't play many games that require player interaction. That's how i deal with online games. I like the pop in and out MP aspect of arpgs like Diablo 2 and Path of Exile. No need to really talk, just team up to kill and loot.
Yeah kind of annoying when games don't have a single player campaign. To be honest though the actual social aspect of online gaming doesn't bother me, it's the moron's that are encountered all too often. The ones who cheat are the most irritating, there's no real satisfaction in winning by cheating so why bother?
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Sad
Not a big fan. Not the competitive type. Plus constantly losing just frustrates me. Some are okay, though I prefer single player and a bit of co-op.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
SAS Member

I'm not a people person, and I don't really have any friends. But multiplayer games, it just depends. Sometimes I enjoy hanging out with people, other times I like to play by myself.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM
SAS Member

My Mood: Inspired
I stopped playing due to lack of "right" friends to play with and also everytime you play a game, no matter what game, trash talk or anger in some way occurs constantly. It's really annoying listening and reading people whine all the time.

So I said **** it, no more online gaming for me. Only play story games from time to time.

"War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other." - Niko Bellic - GTA IV
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:54 AM
Lived life face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott83 View Post
Yeah kind of annoying when games don't have a single player campaign. To be honest though the actual social aspect of online gaming doesn't bother me, it's the moron's that are encountered all too often. The ones who cheat are the most irritating, there's no real satisfaction in winning by cheating so why bother?
I've always been disappointed in multiplayer only games. Especially when they use to be single player. Learning that Quake 3 was going to be multiplayer only pissed me off quite a bit way back when. I was expecting a nice sp campaign with the nice new engine. Same for Nosgoth(rip Legacy of Kain) and Survarium(rip Stalker) later on. While they may not be bad games on their own, I just don't see the point of wasting a popular brand name on just multiplayer. I guess it's just laziness and using a good name for gain.

And yeah, the cheaters can be terrible. You get them quite often in Dark Souls. Immortal guys running around and you can't damage them. But it's still funny when you try(and succeed) kicking them off a cliff.

Everything that once was will be again
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrub-Zero View Post
And yeah, the cheaters can be terrible. You get them quite often in Dark Souls. Immortal guys running around and you can't damage them. But it's still funny when you try(and succeed) kicking them off a cliff.
Oh man I can't find that video anymore. Some hacker in DS3 was flying up in the air and shooting like 5 soul arrows per second towards the guy that played. It was like a barrage of arrows coming from the sky lmao.

<- blog
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
SAS Member

Lonely, playing with online people just isn't the same as with friends. Although... when I was more.. filled with social anxiety, mmorpgs did get me to be more brave with people.

Go cats!
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Permanently tired

My Mood: Scared
I've shyed away from them alot because I've freaked out that the experience seems to simulate real life for me too much. I couldn't even keep them open for more than a few minutes most of the time, when I connect to a server because I start to feel I'm getting very judged even on there by how my character is moving, battling, etc. It seems most people with SA actually have MMOs as a place of comfort, so I've felt odd about it.

“But happiness is being able to hope, however faintly, for happiness. So, at least, we must believe if we are to live in the world of today." - Blue Bamboo: Tales by Dazai Osamu

"It is certain that our love of nature springs from the fact nature is neither jealous of nor hates us." Kappa, Akutagawa Ryuunosuke
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 12:15 AM
N/A

My Mood: Bored
Multiplayer is cool when everyone works as a team and not talk **** to each other.
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old Today, 01:38 PM
Lived life face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth View Post
Oh man I can't find that video anymore. Some hacker in DS3 was flying up in the air and shooting like 5 soul arrows per second towards the guy that played. It was like a barrage of arrows coming from the sky lmao.
Too bad. I tried finding it after your reply and couldn't. But I saw one with a bow user firing many shots a second lol. That was funny.

Everything that once was will be again

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page