What did God do to deserve his own privilege? - Page 2 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
SAS Member

My Mood: Cool
I suppose if a person has unlimited power they can do whatever they want. Even make the rules. Kinda like a child playing with action figures. They can do whatever they want with those toys that amuses them, even if it means melting them under a magnifying glass. The main difference being the kid didn't build the toys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 AM
source of vitamin C

My Mood: Pensive
Because he can smite anyone who says otherwise I guess

He's like a cosmic Kim Jong Un

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:19 PM
SAS Member

Well my theory is that if God created our universe and our logic, then he must have some sort of supreme knowledge.

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Winter Is Here

My Mood: Drunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Well my theory is that if God created our universe and our logic, then he must have some sort of supreme knowledge.
Well, as the centuries pass it seems logic is starting to get bigger and bigger than God...

"I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men."
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 PM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eukz View Post
Well, as the centuries pass it seems logic is starting to get bigger and bigger than God...
Good point. There is always the chance that God could be working in some mysterious mind-bending way but it seems unlikely.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:02 PM
Winter Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad1231234 View Post
Good point. There is always the chance that God could be working in some mysterious mind-bending way but it seems unlikely.
Not just unlikely. His whole attitude of 'I'm totally hiding in humanity's darkest hours, and suddenly revealing myself just so I can starting punishing billions of surprised people' totally questions his "benevolent" part. What does the Bible say about the periods of History in which the ratio of faithful to known-world-population greatly decreases? Periods like the world wars, the Cold War, or the 21st century? Probably nothing considering that none of the medieval writers ever expected something like that. It makes me wonder what would've God done if the Cuban missile crisis or any other event like that had destroyed civilization.

"I have no religion, and at times I wish all religions at the bottom of the sea. He is a weak ruler who needs religion to uphold his government; it is as if he would catch his people in a trap. My people are going to learn the principles of democracy, the dictates of truth and the teachings of science. Superstition must go. Let them worship as they will; every man can follow his own conscience, provided it does not interfere with sane reason or bid him against the liberty of his fellow-men."
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 05:06 PM
jihad has many meanings.

nothing, he always had it, this question does not even exists, thats how mighty god is .
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Winter Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubo View Post
nothing, he always had it, this question does not even exists, thats how mighty god is .
The problem isn't the useless question, it's the bunch of contradictions that raise right after assuming certain verses are true (like the Omnibenevolence part)

post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 06:51 PM
Permanently Sad

My Mood: Sad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
To be rewarded, everyone must realize their lowliness and try to fight their lowliness even while constantly apologizing for their unchanging lowliness. That is our position by birth.

So... how come God wasn't born low like us? Why was he privileged to be born as someone no one can rebuke? That everything is shameless unless he does it?
Even if he was never born, and he's been there forever, why wasn't it one of us? Why him? He didn't get the opportunity to earn his lot, he's just had it since forever. Seems odd.
Assuming that a God exists, it would simply be it's nature to exist in that way. In traditional theism, God is supposed to be necessarily existent being that is the ground of being (i.e. every other existent thing is dependent on God's existence).

5th banner.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Borg View Post
Assuming that a God exists, it would simply be it's nature to exist in that way. In traditional theism, God is supposed to be necessarily existent being that is the ground of being (i.e. every other existent thing is dependent on God's existence).
"It is because it is"
In traditional monotheism, God has an ego and all of that. If he has an ego like us then it's not fair. If he's just some "essence" that we call God then that's different.

He must be so lonely.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-23-2017, 10:27 AM
SAS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurdishFella View Post
theres no such thing as god. and are u high? seems like it
listen to this man

Improving...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page