What did God do to deserve his own privilege? - Social Anxiety Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
What did God do to deserve his own privilege?

To be rewarded, everyone must realize their lowliness and try to fight their lowliness even while constantly apologizing for their unchanging lowliness. That is our position by birth.

So... how come God wasn't born low like us? Why was he privileged to be born as someone no one can rebuke? That everything is shameless unless he does it?
Even if he was never born, and he's been there forever, why wasn't it one of us? Why him? He didn't get the opportunity to earn his lot, he's just had it since forever. Seems odd.
pied vert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
Goin 90, I ain't scary
Cause I got the virgin Mary
Tellin me
That I won't go to hell

Goin 95 ain't scary
Cause I got the virgin Mary
Promisin me
That I won't go to hell

Going, driving
I'm not crying
Jesus told me I won't go dying
If I promise not to go to hell
pied vert is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM
On the cusp
 
Karsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Yawk
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 5,033
My Mood: Breezy
Maybe you're God.

A heavy burden lifted from my soul,
I heard that love was out my control.
Karsten is offline  
 
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:30 AM
666
 
KurdishFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: sweden
Gender: Male
Age: 19
Posts: 1,541
My Mood: Inspired
theres no such thing as god. and are u high? seems like it

There’s nothing a man cannot do once he accepts the fact there is no God

No matter how bad the dreams get when I wake up it's always worse.
KurdishFella is online now  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Hirdman
 
Siegfried's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 376
In Christianity, god takes the form of Jesus to be tortured on a cross for humanity's sins.

Still, you have a malformed concept of god. God is what is always outside of our knowledge. So the correct answer is that you don't know.
Siegfried is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
Sometimes I feel a fever
But I stay a believer
When the heat is gone
Myself will be long gone
pied vert is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
In Christianity, god takes the form of Jesus to be tortured on a cross for humanity's sins.

Still, you have a malformed concept of god. God is what is always outside of our knowledge. So the correct answer is that you don't know.
but he still lived on after that.
btw, is that you in your picture? You were such a good-looking boy!
pied vert is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:44 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cyberspace
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 5,090
Apparently God created us so he has the overall power, over us at least. But surely he has his limits?
sad1231234 is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 AM
Hirdman
 
Siegfried's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
but he still lived on after that.
btw, is that you in your picture? You were such a good-looking boy!
I am a good looking boy.

Yeah? Isn't being tortured for the sake of humanity proof of god's altruism? I'm sure if you did the same, according to scripture, you'd be rewarded in heaven.
Siegfried is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
I am a good looking boy.

Yeah? Isn't being tortured for the sake of humanity proof of god's altruism? I'm sure if you did the same, according to scripture, you'd be rewarded in heaven.
but he was already God when he decided to do that. If I was God, I would do the same thing. Ask greatness of great people. Most people have to earn greatness. Surely he didn't, he always has been.

yes, you are a good looking boy.
pied vert is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 AM
Hirdman
 
Siegfried's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
but he was already God when he decided to do that. If I was God, I would do the same thing. Ask greatness of great people. Most people have to earn greatness. Surely he didn't, he always has been.
Well I don't know. God isn't supposed to be held to human standards, because he's omnipotent. He's the amalgamation of the perfect being through generations of story telling. But I'm not a religious fundamentalist, so you're asking the wrong person.

Quote:
yes, you are a good looking boy.
I would totally bone your avatar.

Siegfried is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:14 AM
SAS Member
 
Tetragammon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Utah, USA
Gender: Male
Age: 32
Posts: 537
The religion of my youth had a unique way of addressing this. Whereas most Christians insist that God is eternal and perfect, Mormonism teaches that God was once mortal like us, on some other world that came before ours. They suggest that God earned his supremacy by being righteous and faithful in his own lifetime. And that Mormon men can become gods over their own planets if they're good enough. Crazy, right?

It's just another glaring flaw in the whole Christian mythology. They're so quick to deny the possibility that the universe has simply always existed, yet they turn around and suggest that God has always existed. Otherwise God had to have been created at some point, and that creator had to have been created, ad nauseum.

Don't pray for me; I found myself when I lost my faith! -Tyler Glenn, "Devil"
Tetragammon is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:50 AM
SAS Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Cyberspace
Gender: Male
Age: 17
Posts: 5,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragammon View Post
The religion of my youth had a unique way of addressing this. Whereas most Christians insist that God is eternal and perfect, Mormonism teaches that God was once mortal like us, on some other world that came before ours. They suggest that God earned his supremacy by being righteous and faithful in his own lifetime. And that Mormon men can become gods over their own planets if they're good enough. Crazy, right?

It's just another glaring flaw in the whole Christian mythology. They're so quick to deny the possibility that the universe has simply always existed, yet they turn around and suggest that God has always existed. Otherwise God had to have been created at some point, and that creator had to have been created, ad nauseum.
w... wh... wh... who... who gave God that univerdal supremacy??????? I mean do these guys ever stop to think for one second that their doctrines and beliefs may be utter lunacy???
sad1231234 is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
 
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California Republic
Gender: Male
Age: 36
Posts: 4,792
Once a year, heaven holds an election to re-elect God. The votes are tallied fairly, but the press is unfree and there's a lot of voter intimidation. The only time someone other than God won the election, the winner (Lucifer) was arrested on false charges and cast into hell before inauguration day. This example has proved strong enough to keep the voters in line ever since.

In other words, he earned his privilege the same way most humans do: born into it and then used his advantages to fight off anyone who tried to challenge it.

Sacramento Social Anxiety Meetup

"Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." - Kurt Vonnegut
Paul is online now  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Hugging Hangers
 
kesker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ricola
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,890
Quote:
To be rewarded, everyone must realize their lowliness and try to fight their lowliness even while constantly apologizing for their unchanging lowliness. That is our position by birth.
doesn't sound like something a God would say.

god's a bad mofo. he makes his own privilege.

...you gotta keep the goal in mind, develop tunnel vision to a certain extent. it's hard, and it's not for everyone.

~bad baby
kesker is offline  
post #16 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Winter Is Here
 
eukz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chile
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 3,786
My Mood: Drunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
In Christianity, god takes the form of Jesus to be tortured on a cross for humanity's sins.

Still, you have a malformed concept of god. God is what is always outside of our knowledge. So the correct answer is that you don't know.
God is just (a) a personification/metaphor of all the things that didn't have explanation millennia ago, and (b) a mechanism used to control people. Therefore it's an invention. Get over it

- "moderate atheist"
eukz is online now  
post #17 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Untitled
 
Overdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: France
Gender: Male
Age: 24
Posts: 3,734
Overdrive is offline  
post #18 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
stickler for paperwork
 
pied vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by eukz View Post
God is just (a) a personification/metaphor of all the things that didn't have explanation millennia ago, and (b) a mechanism used to control people. Therefore it's an invention. Get over it
No you get over it, Siegfried is good looking.
pied vert is offline  
post #19 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Winter Is Here
 
eukz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chile
Gender: Male
Age: 27
Posts: 3,786
My Mood: Drunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by pied vert View Post
No you get over it, Siegfried is good looking.
He might be, but I'm still making a point

- "moderate atheist"
eukz is online now  
post #20 of 51 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Slayer of Threads
 
Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Posts: 882
My Mood: Mellow
I suppose if a person has unlimited power they can do whatever they want. Even make the rules. Kinda like a child playing with action figures. They can do whatever they want with those toys that amuses them, even if it means melting them under a magnifying glass. The main difference being the kid didn't build the toys.
Neal is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trinity makes no sense ljubo Agnosticism, Atheism and Religion 45 12-09-2016 03:19 AM
why i believe in GOD ben3188 Coping With Social Anxiety 1 06-19-2016 08:27 PM
I think I'm losing my faith ingsoc3125 Spiritual Support 8 03-31-2016 03:30 PM
YOU are God dachickmagnet General Discussion 20 10-17-2015 06:01 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome