Originally Posted by The Silent 1
The first video:
1. Carbon dating isn't accurate
2. You can't prove evolution
3. If man evolved from monkeys, why do we still have monkeys?
4. The human eye is too complex to have evolved (irreducible complexity)
5. Atheism is actually a religion
6. Oh yeah, well Scientist X believes in god!
7. So your saying everything happened by chance?
8. America is a Christian nation
9. The 2nd law of therodynamics
10. Hitler was an atheist!
The second video:
1. God of the gaps
2. What came before the big bang
3. The Bible tells me so
4. Morality doesn't exist without god
5. You can't take the Bible literally!
6. I had a personal experience.
7. Who are you to question the existence of god?
8. Paschal's wager
9. You became an atheist? Well you were never truly saved
10. To understand the Bible you have to study the original Hebrew and Greek texts.
Pretty much the only one they left out was the Kalam.
1. Mayhaps it isn't, but it probably is - regardless challenging carbon dating isn't sufficient to prove anything, only to call into question evidence for evolution.
2. You pretty much can
3. Just because a mutation prospers does not mean the original species goes extinct
4. No it isn't, there are lots of creatures with much more primitive (so to speak) light detectors showing possible evolutionary histories for the human eye, irreducible complexity has failed to ever provide a single example to support the idea...they tried with this flagellum thing they found but turned out to be completely and utterly wrong.
5. No it isn't, it has no positive content.
6. And all these other scientists don't, there are plenty of examples of otherwise intelligent people doing stupid things, it doesn't mean the stupid things become intelligent.
7. No, this is to misunderstand scientific origin theories
8. So what?
9. The second law of theremodynamics as I recall is that entropy always increases, which means nothing can be perfect, eternal or omnipotent, thus disproving the existence of a God, at least in the Christian sense
10. This is debatable, I mean he used the whole 'Christ killers' thing to justify the killing of Jews, and the Wermacht had 'Gott wir uns' or 'God is with us' on their belt buckles, and Nazism was full of Christian mythology, on the other hand some Hitler speeches suggest he may have actually been atheist, but even if he was this proves nothing. One Christian rapist does not make Christianity an ideology of rape.
and on to list two (how is the top ten creationist arguments when the lists are different? Is this the same "10" that God meant when he gave two different sets of commandments within a few pages in Exodus, but claimed they were identical?)
1. Because we don't understand something does not prove Christianity. Better to admit a lack of knowledge than fill gaps with "God did it". In these arguments you could replace "God" with "A Unicorn" and their logic is unchanged.
2. We don't know, what came before God? Regardless, it is silly to attempt to apply notions of "before" to the beginning of time.
3. Science tells you different.
4. Yes it does.
5. A lot of people do.
6. Or you had a dream
8. Is dumb, paschal's wager logic makes atheism the most logical course of action - sure, a God who wants to throw unbelievers in Hell might exist, but WHICH ONE? It is infinitely more likely that whichever one you pick is the wrong God, thus making the real one angrier with you, ergo one's best course of action is to simply believe that which is demonstrably true.
9. That isn't even an argument.
10. Yeah and to understand Jupiter Optimus Maximus you have to read the original Latin texts, doesn't prove Jupiter was a real God though.