X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Support Groups

Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Teen Friendship group

I would like to know if there are any, and if not create a teen friendship group for teens with social anxiety. My 15 yr old daughter has social anxiety and she was very keen on this idea. We live in Ajax Ontario and if you know of any groups already in place or are a teen and just want meet up with other teens who know how you feel, please message me. I thought it might be a neat idea to have the parents meet at the same time but separately. Would love peoples thoughts on this idea.
GailB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Oh nice, I'm from Toronto! Anywyas these support groups are probably the answer to overcoming this. But thing is, there aren't many(especially in Canada), mainly because most people with Social Anxiety Disorder are too afraid to show up, or their are not enough resources for the healthcare system for this. And when it comes to Teen groups especially, most of them are way too self conscious to show up. I do understand however, because it is a tad bit awkward to meet up with random strangers and start talking with them.

This is obviously the quickest, and most efficient way to over come this, but once again, there are none in the big city. There is a few, but they are for adults, and not teens. But I might be wrong
thebirdistheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for responding. It definitely is a challenge. I think I'll call some local psychologists and see if they can give me some recommendations or suggestions.
GailB is offline   Reply With Quote