Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

which one ? need quick advice

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sheepgobaa 
#1 ·
im going to buy a few things tommorow from holland and barett to help with my social anxiety, here is my list below:

magnesium chelate - 150mg x 60 tablets

FSC VITAMIN B3 IN NIACINAMIDE FORM - 500MG

B vitamin complex (50 mg of most b vitamins, and varying values for 1 or 2 of them)

Inositol (650mg) x 60 tablets - this one will be expensive if i take the 6 grams, so will 2 grams a day work maybe?

list the ones that you would buy or list them in terms of effectivness as i am trying to save money

#2 ·
concerning the physical aspects of anxiety, magnesium will take care of that alone. Careful about brands that don't specify what the mag is chelated with as it could be a lower grade product.

How about some vitamin d3?

#3 ·
I don't have experience with Mg supplements. Out of that list, I would suggest Niacin. There is literature, which supports its use in treatment of anxiety, although the evidence is far from conclusive.
It is also used to lower triglyceride levels.

#4 ·
AdrianG said:
I don't have experience with Mg supplements. Out of that list, I would suggest Niacin. There is literature, which supports its use in treatment of anxiety, although the evidence is far from conclusive.
niacin is good i heard yes, but you cant take as high doses when you take niacin compared to nicotamide as it can be dangerous

only problem is i cannot find nicotamide anywhere but online

#5 ·
sheepgobaa said:
AdrianG said:
niacin is good i heard yes, but you cant take as high doses when you take niacin compared to nicotamide as it can be dangerous

only problem is i cannot find nicotamide anywhere but online
lol same here, ive had to order it online i cant wait for it to come, the evidence on it seems really good, but limited, i cant find any bad reports

the only thing i dont understand is, i thought what ever your body does need in b vitamins it will excrete, so how will high dose make any difference? wont you pee it all out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.