Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

The Master Cleanse

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  take_no_bull 
#1 ·
I'm waiting for my package to arrive this week sometime. I can't wait to cleanse my body and feel refreshed. I never did it before. Anyone in here ever tried or knew anyone who has tried this?? Or any other type of detox diet??

#3 ·
leppardess said:
I've been thinking about doing it for some time... just never really got around to it. But, I did find a journal of a woman who did this cleanse...

http://www.yestheyrefake.net/lemonade_d ... ournal.htm
Hey Leppardess,

I heard it really helps clear the mind and cleanses your body of all the oils and stuff in your body. Try it out! I think only good can come out of it. I know I've been eating junk food and I wanna start fresh and get back to exercising :idea .

#4 ·
I remember a professor saying that those cleanses don't really work in that they actually change your liver metabolism and expedite the removal of wastes. What they're most effective for is resetting your palate/taste buds so that your sense of taste is heightened and you no longer crave super sweet foods. But who knows. There seems to be so many cleanses out there. Maybe one of them truly is that miracle many look for. I honestly doubt one exists though.

#5 ·
iron butterfly, if you want to get rich...make up your own body cleanse and market it. ''The Iron Butterfly Cleanse! '' Its true that there is a sucker born every minute, as i am one of them. :lol ...i tried a cleanse about 2 years ago...did nothing. I knew a co-worker and his wife who did cleanses every 6 months. They are even bigger suckers. Most of what i read on cleanses claim that it will flush your body of toxins, sludge, and whatever else they make up . Most doctors will tell you that cleanses are hoaxes to make you part with your money, that the human body will cleanse itself naturally of what it can and the rest...too bad!! Today i just came back from a place that anylyzed my blood and soon after i was done, they ''suggested'' i need a heavy metal detox cleanse...and they had all the cleanse supplies ready to sell me in their offices. Drink plenty of clean water, eat fresh fruits, vegetables...excercise, avoid smoking and alcohol...try to stay clear of pollutants and maybe you will die of old age peacefully in your sleep. :stu

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.