Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

St Johns Wort

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  LALoner 
#1 ·
Wanting to start st johns wort for my SA and Depression, was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on it and on good dosages to take?

#5 ·
i take prozac but I would be down to mix the two, i have a bottle of SJW and I haven't taken it because I didn't really notice all that much the last time I took it. Since your going the natural route you should try l-theanine too, I really like it and its effects are kind of comparable to a benzo but not really.

#7 ·
SJW makes my skin photo sensitive and I turn bright red like a cooked lobster if I take it in the summer. If I take too much it makes me jittery and my left eyebrow twitches. Also, taking a lot of it screws up my digestive system.

But if I take low doses of it outside of the summer months it does seem to have a positive effect on my mood. I've noticed that these things are very variable, effects are very different from person to person.

ps If you chemistry is like mine don't take this stuff and then drink a lot of coffee.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.