Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Share your experience with supplements

117K views 148 replies 129 participants last post by  Broski 
#1 ·
Have you used supplements to treat social anxiety?
Share your experience with them!

If the supplement is not currently listed, click the "Suggest a new listing..." link at the bottom of the page to add it. Once you add it you'll be able to add your experience immediately.

Thanks!

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
A really good example of a vitamin that our body essentially needs is Vitamin A. More than giving you good eyesight, vitamin A does a lot in ensuring that your body stays in good shape. It also stimulates the production and activity of white blood cells, at the same time, taking part in remodeling bone. Aside from those mentioned, Vitamin A also maintains the health of endothelial cells (the ones lining the body's interior surfaces), regulates cell growth and division which was found to be lowering the risk of cancer.
It's pretty remarkable. Carrot juice made fresh is similar to that but its beta carotene, the vegetable form.

#7 ·
I take a lot of supplements, but none which I chose specifically for SA, I just started a health overhaul about a year ago. The two that I've definitely noticed a difference in my general health and well being are Coenzyme q10 and Evening primrose oil.
Coenzyme q10 has helped because it gives me tons more energy, which is something that is 'zapped' from me everyday because of nervous tension.

Evening Primrose Oil was recommended by someone for PMT (I get seriously cranky, and SA becomes worse..........clearly they had noticed!!), and after taking it for a while I felt a lot more calm and less irrational during 'that time'.

I've tried many different 'tinctures' for nervousness, which have had no effect whatsoever.
My research continues! :)

#8 ·
Over the years I haven't found any great advantage to supplements other than bee pollen. Especially in the bulk form rather than the pill form.

#12 ·
I haven't used any supplements because they may interfere with how the body deals with psychiatric meds, making them more or less potent or droppig the entire amount into your systme all at one time. I just thought i'd point that out to people who are on meds too, talk to your doc before taking anything natural on top of meds

Reactions: shana
#13 ·
I think a lot of people believe there supplements work b/c they want them to work. The Placebo Effect basically.

Creatine can, and does work for some people. Some pre-workout supplements "work" b/c they wake people up and get them motivated. Most dont' really do sh*t. Protein shakes probably work.

I'm only taking a two scoops of a protein shake after every workout. That's it. I have half a container of creatine left, that I'll probably never use. I do take a vitamin and a capsule of fish oil every morning, but that is for general health, not gaining muscle.

#14 ·
Took almost every supplement known besides phenibut. 5-htp was a potent antidepressant for me. I started it a few years back and it brought me out of feeling depressed and I was depressed most of my life and never even knew how much it was running my life. So 5-htp was a major help and good supplement. L-theanine is a good anti-anxiety amino acid and works like a mild benzo. Also magnesium and Niacin are two very powerful anti-anxiety vitamins/minerals. I started taking 2mgs of methylcobalamin a week ago and am seeing some very impressive improvements as well.

#16 ·
Coconut oil works well for mind fog and confusion symptoms but takes a few days to work. Detoxing and clearing out toxins aswell as parasites and worms can cure alot of mental illness. Ayurveda is a good alternative to modern medicine and is highly effective, seeing an Ayurvedic doctor is where u must start.

#19 ·
I'm new to this had a high anxiety moment last week. So I am starting to drink chamomile tea it's really working. I have been drink coffee for years since I was 16 or 17 I am 40 now. I drink coffee all day maybe a pot or pot and half. Is the coffee a trigger/factor? i had also been under work stress.

#22 ·
Rainbow Light Just 1 Once food based multivitamin

Hi

Rainbow Light Just 1 Once is really good.....the best so far. Its the #1 food based multivitamin. I use Women's One and they also have a Mens one too. Ive been on it over for a year....I will never change to another vitamin again..........hope this helps.

#26 ·
supplements

I have had hardly any luck with supplements and I have tried them all, and I don't mean I have tried only twenty I mean like 60.. the top ones

The only herbs that ever had any effect are either illegal, or considered bad for you.

The only other herbal remedy that helped was caffeine of course... in teems of having some affect.

Other than that pharmas help.. but that is not the topic. (Oh yeah alcohol, as far as supplement.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.