Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise

Like Tree2 Liked Posts

Old 10-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Self-treatment with kratom

I'm currently treating myself with kratom. It acts as a life saver. Without it, I might already have jumped off the next bridge. It actually gives me some joy back and makes experiencing traditionally socially stressful situation easier.

Has anyone here any experience with kratom and SA?
nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Self-treatment with kratom

I've never taken it but there's a risk of losing efectiveness over time I think. how long have you been taking it? and how much do you take everyday? just curious.
It's great you found something which work for you. =)
longway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

I only take it in preparation for stressful situations. Tolerance is not an issue, it builds up very slowly and can be controlled easily - by taking several days off. :-)
Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Location: Las Vegas, but I live anything but the Las Vegas lifestyle

I've tried high-potency Kratom, and it does nothing for anxiety, at least as far as I can tell. In a way, it's a bit like Kava; a mild mood-enhancer at best, and may make you a bit pro-social, but that's about it.

I never have luck with these things for some reason.

As a side note, I find it interesting how Kratom is illegal to use in its native Taiwan, and a few other countries near that region. The punishment for using it is death I believe. Absolutely ridiculous.
Formerly Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

That is indeed ridiculous. Word has it that they ban it because it is competition for illegal substances that sell at much higher prices (of which some percentage stays with corrupt officials...)

It absolutely works (it helps many beat various addictions). There are different varieties. For maximum effect, take it on an empty (!) stomach and wait at least 45 min. With some experimentation you will find the right dosage.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

ive heard that its a weed substitute, does it compare to weed? also does it give u munchies?? and do u get it online or from a store???
Old 10-14-2007, 03:47 AM   #7 (permalink)

It's most and foremost an anxiety killer / mood enhancer. You won't experience any strong highs with it by itself (e.g. you can't just sit in a corner with your eyes closed and enjoy the trip - it won't work).

Go to http://www.kratomforum.com for all your questions, they have been answered there dozens of times.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

It's odd someone mentioned this here. I have something of an interest in gardening and growing things and I came across a website just yesterday that sells seeds of "rare and sacred plants." Kratom was one that I thought would be interesting to try to grow. Apparently it can grow to be a rather large tree that would do well in my climate. I hadn't thought of using it to treat my SA, though.
matt404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Really? Why? Does it look spectacular (the tree)?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

It apparently can be a fast-growing and interesting-looking houseplant. Its leaves are shiny and ribbed, and if kept in the right conditions it produces kind of cool-looking spherical flower clusters.

Wow, I think this post may have the highest hyphen to word ratio of any I've ever posted.
matt404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Was wondering if anyone else has positive feedback from kratom and anxiety?
I've tried it now and it works somehow. It does somehow ease anxiety but not much, but it makes it bearable to have anxiety and while under the influence of kratom (not intoxicated just subtle effect). It enhanced my mood so I don't get so while and after anxious situation.
Micliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've had a lot of experience with kratom. I was a user of many different substances at the time, as I had suffered with depression and strong anxiety throughout my whole life. I was looking for legal substances that could help with my anxiety.

Kratom greatly helped with my issues. It made me euphoric, eager to socialize, and generally improved my mindset.

HOWEVER, I began using daily due to the great benefits I was having. My tolerance rose, and I started to use high potency extracts. In short, I became horribly addicted.

Kratom is a legitimate opioid. Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's safe. I've been struggling the past couple of years just to get off of the stuff.

Sorry for the somewhat scary post, I just had to warn you that if you take kratom for anxiety, please be careful and only dose one or two times a week. If you get into daily use, you will become addicted, and its a hard drug to quit (at least it is for me).

Good luck, please stay safe.
asandscarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

I noticed the other day that Kratom has made it onto the DEA's list of "Drugs & Chemicals of Concern"...

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/dr...ern/kratom.htm
fcbfcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Okay.. 1 or 2 times a week. I'll remember that, thanks..
Micliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm gonna put this on my list of stuff that I want to try, especially if it might become illegal soon. How does it compare to an opiate high? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of using raw opium as a possible once in a while treatment for SA.
n1kkuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

anyone have any experience with the extract form of kratom that they sell online? What's a good dosage for it?
n1kkuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

I find kratom in moderation to be beneficial. Ive used it as much as 2-3 times a day for 8 or so months now. Currently I limit myself to once a day, usually before work.

It has some remarkable medicinal properties. That given, it can affect you psychologically if you find yourself depending on it. It can dehydrate you due to its diuretic properties. There's many factors surrounding kratom's benefits.

Another thing, for the unfamiliarized, therer are 4 main strains of Kratom. Bali & Indo (more sedating, relaxing), and Thai and Malaysian (this is stimulating, Malaysian is a more balanced mix of alkaloids providing stimulating and sedating effects.)

Just because it's not marketed by big pharm, I would not dismiss kratoms benefits. In moderation, it can be helpful against anxiety, stress, even sickness such as the flu (although kratom should not be your ONLY relief, it just helps to provide comfort).

Anyway, theres a whole forum dedicated to kratom (kratomforum). For those interested, I suggest you go and do some reading. I also suggest staying away from extracts unless you just looking to get a buzz. If you stick to plain leaf crushed or ground, youll find yourself hardly affected by tolerance or withdrawals.

Just my two cents.
flapjacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Kratom is a opiate. I took the stuff once and felt so sick, like I took a bunch of perks or something. Im not reccamending it.
Unlikely hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #19 (permalink)

I've just ordered (anxiety xD) a Sample Pack 56 Thai-28 Bali/Indo - 28 Maeng Da powder.

I hope it helps with my social anxiety/depression. I'll report the differences between them.
jamaica aroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Does anyone know about reverse tolerance of Kratom, or maybe Kratom not working at all the first couple times somebody takes it? I've tried it twice since I got my order in and I've had no noticeable changes in mood or anxiety level. I really hope I didn't get some bum stuff

Also if someone has some dosage guidelines that would be awesome if you'd like to share, perhaps I'm not taking enough?
MaddyRose is offline   Reply With Quote