Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise

Like Tree2 Liked Posts

Old 03-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lithium orotate

Best antidepressant I've used...

I feel happy....happy I say! This works just as good a banana peel tea without the jitterness. Oh yeah, I meant to tell you guys about that. Banana peels have a high amount of dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine.

The orotate form has better deliveries to cells so you needs less of it to be effective. The type used by psychiatrists, citrate and carbonate don't penetrate cells as well so higher doses are needed and THIS is what produces the toxicities and side effects.

It took me a while to try this. Whenever I heard lithium I thought major psychosis but this is not so. 5 little mg makes me feel wonderful!

It's also neuro protectant and stimulates production of new ones helping intelligence.

Lastly, I feel more mentally energized and not as drained by simple day to day activities. I can simple keep on going and going and going...

This is what I used

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=6766&at=0
jon 29 uk likes this.

It's the government's way of trying to protect you from protecting yourself.
Beggiatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Freesix88,

Are you sure? The types you need with prescription are lithium citrate and lithium carbonate. Check the ledger for exactly what substances are illegal. You might be able to find a loop hole around it.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

it made my depression worse and my appetite really low
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow I use Iherb for everything and I'm always on there just looking at random stuff.........and I never came across this Lithium Orotate before.

I don't get it.......how much different from the Lithium that all the doctors have to prescribe? I am damn interested now........but how can one Lithium require a prescription and the other be a supplement I can buy on Iherb? It just seems to weird........but I will probably order it too, haha.

I just don't understand how? Is it actually effective in a similar way to Lithium(prescribed kind) for depression and mood and everything?
radiohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe they are two different compsitions involving lithium. mped:

All Lithium did for me was amplify my OCD. Talk about checking things 10 times! When I was off of it, I would only check once maybe twice.
Live and HELP live is better!

TROLL ALERT STATUS:
CHAT -> BERT

FORUMS -> ERNIE
(troll activity on the increase)

WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE!
millenniumman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

haha, yes, they are different compositions obviously.

But how can the orotate be sold as a supplement and the carbonate require a prescription? I just don't understand how the filler/composition can be that drastically different.....at least enough for one to be a scheduled prescription and the other be widely available? It's also weird how only 5mg of orotate is comparable to 100's of MG's of the carbonate.....how does that possibly work?

I duno.........Beggiatoa, you always find the good shiiiiit.

BTW, Milleniuman, the Lithium Carbonate(prescription) made your OCD worse? After how many days of taking it?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

I decided to order it and give Lithium Orotate a try.

Only on the first day, but I will have to update with my experience of it as time progresses. I took 2 pills with breakfast and 2 pills with lunch; after reading quite a bit of research and information about this trace-mineral I concluded this was the best dose for me and my body.

Beggiatoa, you should definitely let me know how it's working for you. The pills i ordered are the ones from Iherb(i always use that place for everything) and they are the same ones you take with 5mg of active lithium or whatever. After reading research on it they suggested taking 3 to 4 a day for the usual treatment with lithium orotate, so maybe you want to try taking a few more pills throughout the day over time. I've already felt a slight effect from it already; I was actually relatively comfortable around people and actually talking more than I usually do, but more importantly I am a little more calmer than usual as a whole while not losing any of my focus or energy.

I'm glad you discovered this mineral and shared it with us; I also have read that taking folic-acid with the lithium orotate is extremely helpful and recommended by all doctors that use this for treatment. I guess the folic acid helps improve it's effect on protecting the brain or something related.......I'm sure you know all this but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

For the bad news....lithium can compete with magnesium so take it a few hours apart from it.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have been taking it for about 4 days now(about 20mg elemental lithium) a day, and have 100% felt some positive benefits from it. I take 2 with breakfast and 2 pills again with lunch. Remember that the pills are each labeled "120mg's" but further research shows while that is true, that each pill actually contains 4.9mg's of active elemental lithium, thus baically 5mg's of lithium per pill. This is a relatively low dose when you compare it to other things, but it is so highly absorbed(can be close to 99%) and crosses the BBB so well it shouldn't be compared to the lithium carbonate or other prescription forms..........anyway.........

I' noticed on the second day(even the first) that I was much, much more calm overall, but not in a negative way. I was still able to focus and have energy, but some of that "gloomy" feeling along with my general anxiety was minute compared to what I usually feel on a constant basis. I'm taking deeper breathes and actually just more content, which has effected my thinking/patterns in a positive way as well. I can say for a fact the the elemental lithium in this medicine is of good quality, as I am feeling better overall in my mood, depression, and anxiety.

I've been taking it with Folic Acid as well, as this helps with the absorption of the lithium; also staying hydrated and a diet that isn't low in salts help with the lithium in your body and can prevent side effects as well. I did notice that my skin was a little dry(especially in my hands/palms) which is a well known side effect of lithium. I've been drinking more water the past 2 days and this side effect isn't as bad now, but my hands are still slightly peeling(but it's just the outer layer of skin, nothing painful).

Overall I give it an A- as a supplement/mineral. It's had so many positive benefits for my mind/mood already that I don't care my hands/skin is slightly dry. My 19/20mg a day of elemental lithium seems like a good dose, but I've talked with a few others that take anywhere from 20mg of it to about 40mg of this stuff daily.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'm still using a dose of 5 mg but based on your positive feedback, I'll probably increase that to 10 or 20. The drying effect I hadn't heard of before, maybe taking some biotin will resolve that problem. Lithium is just an amazing mineral for your brain. I'll post some studies later.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

anyone know if iherb ships to australia? would customs keep them or what
lonelyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyboy View Post
anyone know if iherb ships to australia? would customs keep them or what
I believe I've read some reviews on Iherb from random customers that bought it from Australia. I recall there were at least 2 of them that gave the product 5 stars, and said they where glad to receive it so quickly since they lived in Australia, and they commented how they've always gotten shipments from Iherb.

Hope that helps.

BTW: It's still helping me out; I went out today and was more comfortable than I've been in awhile. I actually made eye contact with people; a really, really gorgeous woman and said hello, made slight small talk with people in line. Stupid stuff, but also things that I usually never do just because I am not comfortable. I'm still not great or anything, but I can tell this medicine is helping me out a good amount, calming me(yet not making be tired) and allowing me to try and gain exposure to situations I usually avoid.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead View Post
I believe I've read some reviews on Iherb from random customers that bought it from Australia. I recall there were at least 2 of them that gave the product 5 stars, and said they where glad to receive it so quickly since they lived in Australia, and they commented how they've always gotten shipments from Iherb.

Hope that helps.

BTW: It's still helping me out; I went out today and was more comfortable than I've been in awhile. I actually made eye contact with people; a really, really gorgeous woman and said hello, made slight small talk with people in line. Stupid stuff, but also things that I usually never do just because I am not comfortable. I'm still not great or anything, but I can tell this medicine is helping me out a good amount, calming me(yet not making be tired) and allowing me to try and gain exposure to situations I usually avoid.

thanks for the help i placed my order today , ill let you know how it goes after a few weeks
lonelyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

how are people faring on this so far? it's been a couple of weeks since any updates, i'm considering ordering some based on how it works for you guys
c0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ry View Post
how are people faring on this so far? it's been a couple of weeks since any updates, i'm considering ordering some based on how it works for you guys
Yea I am not really sure to be honest.

I was sort of stupid becuase I started taking the Lithium Orotate at the same exact time I titrated up taking Lamictal.

I felt some positives in the past month or so since getting up to taking 200mg lamictal; and also taking 10mg of active Lithium Orotate a day as well....... but I can't say for sure which one it is. I really should of waited to take the Lithium, I hate not knowing which medicine is helping more with keeping my moods balanced and having less nervous related thoughts(which have definitely improved).

I would still recommend it, because for some reason I think both the things I'm taking have halped, including hte Lithium. I think it calms me down a bit an hour after I take it(nothing drastic really), but over a few weeks I think it really helped with schizoid related problems(thinking people looked at you funny or are laughing or talking about you in the public is an example). I have had much less intrusive thoughts like that........so the Lamictal and Lithium have really been helping it seems.

Begiatoa and all you other guys/ladies taking it: could you give any updates?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

I gave lithium to my lady friend and she has all positive review for it. Her mood is better and she feels a more positive outlook on things. It's the only think she takes that will cause this effect. I also got my brother on it and he loves it as well. If anything helped your mood, radiohead, I think it was definitely the lithium.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

Dunno if this is offtopic or not, but try listening to the song "nirvana - lithium" which is about yes.. Lithium.
Micliph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

I will be trying this soon, I've heard many good things but have been skeptical since there is not much research on it, not recently anyways..
sawyoushine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

any update on these so far?
jason85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #20 (permalink)

I got off it for a while for no good reason. Just forgot to reorder. I started feeling depressive Sx again. I got back on it and I was ok.

Interesting though, I tested blood lithium levels and mine came back deficient. This is after supplementing with it for many months. Hmmmmmmmm...

Maybe this calls for a higher dose? I'm only using about 15 mg per day.