X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise

Old 06-13-2005, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has anyone tried Deprex for SA

Has anyone tried Deprex for SA, It advertiesment indicates that it is basically nardil. But, does'nt require a doctors presciption which I find pretty strange.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Has anyone tried Deprex for SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet
Has anyone tried Deprex for SA, It advertiesment indicates that it is basically nardil. But, does'nt require a doctors presciption which I find pretty strange.
I'd never heard of it before so I did a Google search and got almost 5,000 hits.

Quote:
Three major neurotransmitters (Serotonin, Dopamine and Norepinephrine) in the brain must be in balance for a balanced mood. When in an unbalanced state with each other, mood drops or depresses.

The complex of homeopathic medicinals in Deprex are much more powerful than one ingredient by itself because it not only supplies the precursors to these key mood-controlling neurotransmitters, but also the additional nutrients needed by the body to:

Help elevate mood by raising circulating Serotonin levels and assuring proper utilization
Help restore the appropriate production of Serotonin and Norepinephrine
Help restore clear sentient thinking and appropriate reality testing
Help calm and diminish oversensitivity
I tend to think all these herbal supplements do little or nothing, other than make money for the folks selling them. I'd like to see real scientific data showing effectiveness, not just the word of a modern day snake oil salesman. I'm sure if I looked I could easily find testimonials on the net saying how Deprex worked for them, but then one also finds in clincal trials that often 25%+ of patients getting the placebo report improvement.
UltraShy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

by searching google ,the main active compound in deprex is st johns herb,one study found it is ineffective for sa.
nardil works in a different mechanism of action other than st johns or other antidepressants despite that st johns and nardil works on the three neurotransmitters.
a ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote