Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Bioidentical Progesterone

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  546617 
#1 ·
dear sufferers,

i am 24 years old (male) and have suffered of social anxiety since my early childhood. furthermore i was chronic depressed (the atypical form) with lot of add-like symptoms. i never felt like the real me before..i never felt like the person, who i used to be.

a few months ago i made a hormone therapy with bioidentical progesterone after beeing tested on low progestereone..and it was a miracle for me!
it changed my personality completely within a few days, i no longer have social phobia, i am no longer this instable, touchy person..i no longer felt humiliation at the slightest provocation. i also noticed that people are more talkative to me..it is like they trust me more after the progesterone therapy!

i can´t really understand, that this small hormone has such an effect on me..but it seems that progesterone is also a very important hormone in male. first you must seriously dismiss the theory, that progesterone is a female hormone..in fact it is an antagonist of estrogen!

there are some possible theories, why progesterone affects my social anxiety so much..

1) Progesterone modulates GABA and glutamate:it improves the function of GABA recepteros and inhibit the impact of glutamate.
Progesterone alters GABA and glutamate responsiveness: a possible mechanism for its anxiolytic action
The results indicate that constant high plasma levels of progesterone attenuate inflammatory hyperalgesia by a mechanism involving inhibition of N-methyl-
-aspartate receptor activation at the spinal cord level
Anxiolytic effect of progesterone is associated with increases in cortical alloprenanolone and GABAA receptor function
2) Progesterone is involved (next to oxytocin) in social bonding behavior.

"Social Bonding Increases Progesterone Hormone Emotional Closeness Boosts Feel Good Neuro Chemical, Lowers Anxiety"

3) Progesterone is a powerful remedy for low blood sugar and high adrenaline levels..and in accordance to dr. michael platt a low progesterone level is the cause of ADD and also involved in depression. take a look at his book called "The Miracle of Bio-Identical Hormones"

4) It seems, that there are a lot of other neurotransmitters like serotonin involved in the effectiveness of progesterone.

go to a doctor who is working with bioidentical hormones..get your progesterone level tested (progesterone is important for male and female!) it is surely worth a try!

See less See more
#5 ·
Trenbolone is king at 50mg 3/wk but everything ends and Testosterone sucks cause it gets aromatized and mos AI's will make you feel even worse
as for Progesterone it is good but after a few days you become over excited and I will be hard to control yourself because you will have a lot
of racing thoughs and Winstrol is awesome but your hair will start to shed so no one size fits all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.