Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Nutrition, Supplements and Exercise

Like Tree10 Liked Posts

Old 02-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best supplements to build muscle fast?

What are the best kinds? with the highest amounts of protein, and how much would these cost converted in $NZD?
FabledHero likes this.
Rick189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: Leading a cult in the forests of Eastern Central N.J.

proper diet first and formost.
the protein supplement i use is called isopure. they have many different kinds depending on your goals. its a lil pricey but i like it cause i just cant handle eating large milky protein shakes with foods like steak or chicken. iam not lactose intolerant. but my stomach wont allow me to combine tall glass of dairy like shakes with non dairy type foods. am i weird?
" Dad died and I slipped in a coma, I was awake but I listened to no one. I was distant, I was pissed off, I was the last living Christoff, and I was angry with the other side of my window. A side that I wasnt built for. A side that I wasnt fit for. Convinced I was better off indoors, untill my pills run out and my killed buzz makes me sick till I refill my script up "

Derek Christoff a.k.a D-Sisive
Dr Hobo Scratch MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think any supplement that'll speed your workout recovery and fuel your muscles will help. That being said...

Fish Oil - helps recover from soreness quicker, and I advise you take LOTS of it (countless benefits)
Whey Protein - the most important one! Preferably Whey protein isolate
Animal-Pak multivitamin - http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c...t_detail&p=138 comes in 44 packs, good for 44 days
Zerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Bodybuilding.com has a ton of supplements I would go there and look. I usually get highly rated whey protein, also get some casin protein too though for nighttime.
FabledHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Muscle building is not a fast process. There is no magic supplement that can make you pack on a ton of muscle in under a year if you're just starting out. Except for anabolics. Even then, you won't look like a bodybuilder or even close in only 1 year.

5lbs-15lbs of muscle per year is the max for most people, thats with a perfect diet and training. Those towards the 15lbs side are more genetically gifted to build muscle too. Most people fall between 5lbs -10lbs.

You only need to supplement with protein really, assuming your diet is sound. A whey isolate for after a workout and a whey/casein blend for all other times is what I do. I also take a 1 multivitamin and 1 fish oil a day.
Jollygoggles likes this.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

You have to eat heaps of food with the protein also. The protein itself will not build muscle unless you eat all the proteins and calories what your body needs with it.
montreal fitness centers
jazzalbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Don't waste your money on needless supplements. There is no QUICK way to build muscle fast, unless you plan on cycling.

Stick with creatine and whey portein. Everything else get from the food you eat.
AxlSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Creatine, and mass gainers. also it depends on the foods you eat, and the types of exercises your pulling off.
F4D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

lift heavy

whey protein

creatine

fish oil
ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Deca and dbol.

jk

The only useful supplements are whey protein, creatine and maybe a pre workout
e36guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Steroids...

Pfft!

...tell them I said something..."

Pancho Villa
jonny neurotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well i think the best way to build muscles fast is to do heavy training and lift heavy weight and eat foods which contain high protein and carbs because protein and carbs are helpful in build muscles rapidly . Foods such as Eggs,Mutton, Fish , potatoes would be the best food for muscles building rapidly .
Old 05-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Only thing that comes to mind is NPP and tren
westicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

AAS or Prohormones are really the only way to build muscle FAST.

Otherwise, a proper diet and routine can net you between 1 and 2 pounds of muscle per month. With the previous mentioned items that jumps up quite a bit.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerix View Post
I think any supplement that'll speed your workout recovery and fuel your muscles will help. That being said...

Fish Oil - helps recover from soreness quicker, and I advise you take LOTS of it (countless benefits)
Whey Protein - the most important one! Preferably Whey protein isolate
Animal-Pak multivitamin - http://www.tfsupplements.com/store/c...t_detail&p=138 comes in 44 packs, good for 44 days
Does that multivitamin help with anxiety?
matisyahu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisyahu View Post
Does that multivitamin help with anxiety?
You know what, hard to tell, but I'm sure if you're a serious trainer, it will do you REAL GOOD. And will definitely speed up results, and we know what that means, faster the results, the faster the confidence

If you need a Kratom vendor, PM Me
Zerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Pre-workout: 1.M.R
Post-workout: Pro Complex Gainer and Hydro Builder

This is working for me now. If I had more money and wanted to put on mass even faster, I'd add Leukic to my diet (it works fast). Follow up the post-workout with a big meal (something like chicken with broccoli and a sweet potato), drink lots of water throughout the day. Work out every other day and try to get eight hours of sleep.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #18 (permalink)

Creatine and mass gainers help a lot if you want to get bigger along with gaining muscle(you will probably gain fat from mass gainer). If you want the basic approach take basic whey protein like optimum nutrition and lift heavy for lean mass.
right now im using optimum nutrition whey and MHP up your mass
uchiha55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Train hard. (4 days a week of weights is plenty if you're *really* pushing yourself, otherwise you will risk over-training).

Use mainly compound exercises ie exercises which in involve using more than one joint to complete (bench, squat, shoulder press, chin-up, rows, pull-downs etc). Curls in this case, do not get the girls.

Aim for 8-12 rep range.

3 sets per exercise. (except for leg exercises which should be trained harder).

Rest break is up to you. I vary mine from 1:30 - 3:00min, depending how heavy I am lifting.

Take a protein shake about 30min before your workout, and a shake within the the 30mins after your workout (also carbs are very important too). Aim for about 2gram protein/per kg of bodyweight on your training days.

Creatine is a good strength aid, probably the best legal one out there but you will get water retention.

To loose fat low/moderate carido, in the mornings, before you have eaten anything. If you must a banana or a slice of toast is OK. Coffee if GOOD, b/c clinical studies have shown it increases to bodies ability to burn energy using fat stores and it also decreases Perceived Exertion.
nSO in other words, you don't feel like you;re working out as hard as you are.
Also (if your main aim is just to loose weight) keep your cardio efforts at a low/moderate intensity, studies have shown that at these lower levels the body taps into its fat stores as a primary fuel source rather than the bodies glucose.

Eat healthy, lots of veges, and on your workout days protein, protein, protein.

Jollygoggles likes this.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick189 View Post
What are the best kinds? with the highest amounts of protein, and how much would these cost converted in $NZD?
first of all a calorie surplus is required. it doesnt matter what supplements you use if you are not first consuming more calories than you burn

from there you need to make sure you are consuming enough protein to build muscle. you'll get a lot of this from your diet but you'll also need to get protein from supplements like whey protein, weight gainers etc....

once you have 1)created a calorie surplus 2)met your dailly protein requirements 3)created a weight lifting routine then there are a few supplemtns you can take to help build muscle.
aswell as the prtoein powder (whey, weight gainer, meal replacement etc...) that you've been using to meet dailly protein requirements you can also use :

*post workout shake - whey, dextrose and creatine. consume this immediately after your weightlifting wourkout. then wait 1 hour before eating a propper meal
*multivitamin
*fish oil capsules
*udo's oil

those are the only supplemtns you will ever need. don't buy into anything else. everything else is a scam
paulyD is offline   Reply With Quote