Social Group: Pittsburgh Social Anxiety Group - Social Anxiety Forum
X

Download the SAS Android App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

X

Download the SAS iPhone App

Or switch to mobile version of the forums

Help/FAQLog InJoin SAS
Go Back   Social Anxiety Forum > Recovery > Treatment Reviews > Support and Therapy Groups > United States Groups > Pennsylvania Groups

Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Pittsburgh Social Anxiety Group

The Pittsburgh Social Anxiety Support Group in North Oakland is for anyone in the Pittsburgh area with social phobia and would like: support, information, contacts with fellow-sufferers and a place to work together to try to overcome it

With social anxiety especially, a support group is a very valuable part of recovery, and you can imagine why! How many people do you know who can talk with you about it in depth? How many people do you know who can be non-judgemental because they have the same symptoms you do?

This group's goal is to bring together these people so we can provide a place to relax and share what's its like and help each other find ways to recover and beat social anxiety. If you have S.A., and made it to this site, you're one of these people.

More Info: http://www.pittsburghsocialanxiety.com/
Email: pittsburghsasg@gmail.com
Address: 4638 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Rate this treatment:
Click the "Rate Thread" link to the upper right of this post (login required).

Review this treatment:
Click the "Post Reply" button to the upper left of this post (login required).

Helena_SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm new to this - is ther away to subscribe to this group so that I am able to see updates?
Emerge1Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would email the email address listed above.
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey I go to UPitt in Oakland.

I'm going to have a look at your website, and I think I'd like to come to a meeting this fall.
pittfan624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

Pittsburgh, eh? good to know. Maybe I'll go to a meeting.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Default To administrator

Hello! I think that's great to have that social anxiety support group. My name is Danielle and I'm 15. I just joined this site yesterday. I am extremely shy, like over the top more then most people. I do have a lot of the symptoms of SA but im not sure if I have it or not. My therapist diagnosed me with GAD. Although it really does seem like I have SA though. How old do I have to be to do to the SAS group in Pitt?? Do I have to be diagnosed to be able to go there? I don't know if i'd want to go though... I could picture myself in the corner so afraid because I don't know anyone... Would there be other teens there?? Im just not sure if that would be the right thing for me... Talking to people i don't know about my social anxiety.. I'm just not sure.. If u could give me some more info on it that would be great.. Thank u... And god bless...

~Danielle
GodIsLove is offline   Reply With Quote