What could you have done differently? - Page 7 - Social Anxiety Forum

post #121 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 09:46 AM
SAS Member

@slyfox

So.......I'm still alive, haha. It definitely wasn't my intention to let so much time pass by, without ever responding to you here. I'm genuinely sorry that I haven't kept in touch. This whole past year has been a constant challenge for me. I kept intending to make a new post here...but like I said back when I last touched in, some things just aren't worth remembering in detail - as much as I've appreciated your emotional support, I wouldn't have wanted to chronicle everything that happened in the pharmacy; better that I let most of those experiences fade out of memory.

That said, I didn't actually stay in the pharmacy for all that long. I transferred back to my original, retail position at CVS towards the end of March. Then left the company altogether in late May. I had been planning on returning to this thread, as soon as I could report on having a new job. But, well...I still haven't found one.

Upon leaving CVS, I had already put in a couple applications for jobs, within what they call "the sharing economy". I haven't told you about this pipe dream before, have I? I've looked back over our most recent exchanges and remember most of our conversation - but apologies if I wind up repeating myself about some things, or forget a few details of what you had shared with me.

Anyways, have you ever heard of the sharing economy before? It refers to jobs like Uber, where you work as a freelancer, typically connecting with clients through an app. I wouldn't want to do Uber specifically; driving with strangers in the car would be awfully uncomfortable, right? But there are all kinds of alternatives. The two companies that seemed most appealing to me as potential jobs are called InstaCart and TaskRabbit. InstaCart is where you basically just do people's grocery shopping for them and then deliver the food to each client's house. TaskRabbit is for more general errands and such. People who are more handy than I am could use TaskRabbit to find jobs building furniture, or say, a backyard fence. It could also be used to find cleaning jobs, or pet sitting jobs, or data entry jobs - essentially anything you could think of. I was mainly hoping to use it for doing people's shopping and running deliveries - so basically, the same as InstaCart, but for more than just groceries.

Both of these seem to offer pretty good pay - of course, the company would have taken a cut of my earnings, and getting enough hours would have been a challenge. Still, I would have accepted a less-than-reliable income, in exchange for a job that could be done mostly on my own. It can be a challenge to get one of these jobs though. Yes, it's freelance work, and you don't have to go through a formal interview process, but these companies still want to make sure that they're hiring people who can represent them well - which makes sense. For whatever reason, TaskRabbit never called me back. And even though I applied for InstaCart in March, I didn't receive a response from them until mid-Summer.

At that point, InstaCart invited me to do a test-run of sorts. We met inside a grocery store, and a trainer explained how the app works to a small group of us applicants. Then we were each given a practice list, and they evaluated our efficiency at locating the correct items. Seems simple enough...but the store we met in wasn't in my immediate town. So I didn't have any familiarity with the layout. I also don't have any experience in buying individual pieces of produce. Whenever I buy fruits or veggies, I just get a whole bag of them. The list we were given though, had items like "a single bell pepper". Of course, the company would want us to get the best possible items for customers. So, even though it was just a practice round, I spent a lot of time trying to determine which pieces of fruit to select - which is something that I had never done for myself while shopping, so you know...it threw my time off.

I didn't finish quickly enough. So I didn't get a job. Honestly though, even if InstaCart had given me an offer, it might not have worked out anyway. A lot of these sharing economy services haven't expanded outside of major cities yet. There's a major metropolitan area about forty minutes away from me, which is where we met for the training session. But I live in a mid-sized city. So I probably would have had to travel a lot.

That was back in...I want to say July. And apparently, within the past month or so, InstaCart has started up within my own city. So I might give another go at it. But I'll probably wind up just doing something else in retail. I've been unemployed for far too long and don't have any savings left from CVS. At this point, I'll have to accept more or less any job that I can get.

So yeah - that's the overview of what's been going on with me. Tons more that I could talk about, but as always, I've already gone on long enough. What's new with you? Any developments on your disability hearing? And did you ever get a deviantart account set up? I hope that at least a few things have been moving forward for you!

I don't know just how involved I'll be here going forward, but I hope to stay in touch! At the very least, I wanted to assure you that I didn't, like, die or anything - and that I wasn't intentionally ignoring you. I've just had a lot to deal with lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

My Mood: Confused
@Fox93 Thanks for replying. Sorry to hear things aren't going great for you. It's ok if you take long to reply back.

Those sharing economy type of jobs sound interesting. I'll have to look at the sites you mentioned, but I don't exactly like that there would be an interview process either.

Sorry the interview for the shopping job didn't go well. Even though I buy things individually a lot I could see myself being just as slow. I tend to inspect things like green peppers a lot and have a hard time picking a good one. I guess if you try again, just consider that most people are less picky than us and try to just pick produce that doesn't look terrible.

I live in a community/trailer park. Hate to call it a trailer park though because people view those so negatively and it is mostly fancier doublewides anyway. Well anyway there is a guy who charges people to mow their lawns and snow blow their driveways. Almost wonder if I would get some takers if I offered to shop for people around here. I don't know anyone here though and think it might cause me a lot of anxiety. You might want to consider doing it yourself without those sites.

I lost my disability hearing. The judge's vocational expert even said no one would hire me with a problem I had. The judge chose to ignore this though and also ignored what my current psychiatrist and counselor said in a letter. He chose to focus on my first psychiatrist who hadn't understood and recorded my problems properly.

My attorney said he could tell the judge disliked me when I admitted to living in a dirty house with my girlfriend(who is also disabled) and having trouble keeping up with things. I thought answering honestly on that was a good thing considering it proves my back problems and depression make it hard for me to keep up with things.

Wish the attorney had gone over things the judge might ask me The attorney just focused on me explaining one of my psychiatric problems. He always rushed our meetings. My attorney is helping me to appeal but he doesn't think I have a good shot Wish I could get a different attorney, but I had a hard time getting this one because of what my first psychiatrist reported and doubt I could find someone else willing to appeal a case that lost once already.

My attorney said I should try to find work since he doesn't have high hopes for the appeal and it might take over a year. Anyway I don't feel I can go back to work . With my problems I would rather work at slave like wages at home.

I've been planning to try to sell art and crafts online even though that would be hard to make a living at with my current skill level. The problem is I lack energy to get anything done and I feel intimidated by selling things(i worry about negative reviews, shipping problems, etc). For now I've been cleaning up the clutter in my house so I can work easier and find some of my craft supplies that are missing.

I've also been breeding some invertebrates(mealworms, etc) and propagating some plants to potentially sell, but as said things really intimidate me. I really worry about shipping live things. People do it all the time, but if something goes wrong people will slap you with negative reviews.

Good luck to you with finding work. Thanks again for replying

Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself
post #123 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 06:12 AM
SAS Member

I never really had a chance to choose what to do with my life.

post #124 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 PM
SAS Member

@slyfox

I hope you don't mind that I've been skimming through a handful of your posts from last Fall - just curious to see what you've been up to lately. I'm so sorry to see that your mom passed away early last year. That must still be really difficult for you and your dad.

That's awful about the disability hearing as well. Any idea what you're going to do, if the appeal doesn't work out?

When the "judge's vocational expert" acknowledged that you would have trouble finding work - was this something that was said during the official hearing? How did the judge respond to that? Has anyone offered you advice on how to best manage a job with your health problems?

The sharing economy probably wouldn't make for a long-term solution - but I would definitely recommend looking into it! If nothing else, it could serve as a source of some temporary income, until you find something more stable. I remember you mentioning that grocery shopping can be kind of stressful for you - but something like InstaCart still might have some advantages over a more formal job. And so long as you pass the test-run, you don't have to go through any kind of interview. Actually, there's a chance that you might have an easier time with it than I did, since - considering that I still live with my parents and all - you've probably had more experience than me, when it comes to buying your own groceries, haha. Even if you don't pass the test, they seem to let people try again. And there are all kinds of other companies within the sharing economy that might be worth considering.

Did you ever get a Deviantart account set up? You had been talking about the possibility of doing that, before I left - but I know that plans don't always work out. I'd still love to see one of your carvings or drawings, if you have anything that you'd like to share.
post #125 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

@Fox93
Thanks, it has been hard. My dad has been keeping busy with things like volunteer work.

Yes, the vocational expert said this right in front of the judge. The judge asked her a variety of scenarios with my problems from least to worst and what jobs I could get. When he got to the scenarios with my germaphobia preventing me from using public restrooms, she acknowledged that employers wouldn't tolerate giving me extra long breaks to disinfect toilets to my standards. My attorney even asked her to repeat this to make sure it was clear.

The judge sends you a written decision after the hearing, so he didn't comment on this during the hearing. When he wrote the decision he only refereed to the first scenarios where she said some employers would hire me and ignored the scenarios with the worst of my problems. This is one of the reasons my attorney is appealing.

I'm doubtful things will go well though, because as stupid as it is there is a high chance I will get the same judge. The judge will just have orders from the appeals council to reconsider the evidence from the vocational expert, etc. Not sure how much good that would do, because I'm sure he intentionally ignored it. He also ignored the letter from my current counselor and psychiatrist. He said in the decision that the letter didn't matter because my counselor wasn't qualified enough. He ignored the fact that my psychiatrist had signed it. My counselor and psychiatrist work at the same place.

I plan to continue to work on seeing if I can become self-employed. if I'm not bringing in any money(even a small amount) and my appeal fails, I might have to consider applying for jobs. I don't think I will be able to keep a job long term and it will increase my suicidal thoughts. But I don't think my dad will be understanding if I don't(he helps me some with money) and I also feel guilty about all of the help I get from him.

Yeah I don't know if the sharing economy would work for me. I still need to look into the one site that you said had a variety of jobs.

Right now am focusing on selling crafts and maybe invertebrates and plants. Over the weekend bought some cherry shrimp with my dad, which are supposed to be pretty easy to breed and have some demand. The problem with breeding invertebrates or really any animal is it takes awhile and you don't know how successful it will be.

The mealworms and superworms I've been breeding are the only things delivering offspring so far. I just don't have enough yet to sell. I purchased some more breeding stock though and they should be turning into adults/beetles soon. Some of the aquatic plants/macro algae I have are propagating as well. The problem is it is going too slow and non of these are worth that much money in these small of amounts. I could up the scale but my dad isn't super willing on that and I don't really want to invest a ton of money until I know I can sell. There are a lot more invertebrate I could try to breed but my Dad is worried I'll end up with a mess at his house and my girlfriend isn't very willing to have them in our home.

Also I'm more intimidated by shipping live animals than I am about shipping crafts. Might try to sell some of the live animals on craigslist first, but I'm worried I'll waste gas money trying to meet flaky people at public places.

Do wonder if animal breeding is the way to go though, since I lack confidence in my art/craft skills. Also it would give me an excuse(once I make some sales) to try some of the more expensive projects I've wanted to try like propagating coral. Might have to experiment with both crafts and animal/plant breeding/propagating until I see what works.

Sorry for the long post. Hope you have a good week.

Aim at the sun, and you may not reach it; but your arrow will fly far higher than if aimed at an object on a level with yourself
post #126 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:56 AM
SAS Member

@slyfox

I remember you mentioning OCD as an issue, so I imagine that your fear of using public restrooms is tied up with that, right? Has this phobia only developed within the last few years, or did all of your previous jobs allow you enough time to use disinfectants?

What was the response to your back problems, during the hearing?

Good luck with becoming self-employed! I know that you've been striving towards that for awhile - do you plan on selling anything soon? I know it must be intimidating, especially with the live animals. But even if something goes wrong, just remember that it's not too big of a deal. It will feel bad, definitely - but any venture is bound to include some mistakes. That's the way to learn, right? It sounds like you know a lot about caring for plants and small animals - maybe not as much as some experts, but certainly more than most people. I'm sure that you'll do well!

Here's the link for TaskRabbit (https://www.taskrabbit.com/dashboard). It seems that pretty much any freelance job you could think of is offered through this service. I can't actually say whether it's a good option, since my application was never processed, haha. But I feel like it would be less socially demanding than a lot of other jobs. And one of the great things about the sharing economy is that you typically get to set your own schedule.

I've applied for a handful of retail jobs over the last few months - and so far Wegmans is the only place that's called me back. They asked me to do a phone interview, which didn't go super-well. I guess that I didn't completely tank it, because a few days later, they asked me to come into the store for a second interview. But that didn't go well either. And I didn't get a job offer. I've heard that Wegmans can be a hard place to get into. The two interviews that I did there were definitely a lot more intensive than the one that I did for CVS.

Not really sure what I'm going to try next. Costco was my first choice, since I've heard that they offer great pay. I actually applied to two different locations, but no luck. That seems to be a difficult place to get into as well. I just contacted the TaskRabbit support staff, to see if there's any way to move my application along - I'll let you know if anything develops on that end.

So no deviantart account I guess? That's fine. I hope that you've been able to at least get some good practice in with your art over the last year. I know that you've probably not been as engaged with it as you'd like to be, but every little bit of practice counts for something!
post #127 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

@Fox93 Actually sent you some carvings from my deviantart via private message. Wasn't sure if I wanted to share on here. Weird checked my sent folder and it wasn't there. I'll try to resend.

I'm sure it is part of my ocd. Actually, no I wasn't allowed longer breaks and didn't tell my boss. I just held it(number 2) until I got home despite the pain. I also used to make up excuses to take early lunches or go home early. Were some times I risked my job and snuck home while on deliveries even when the delivery wasn't near my home. Only disinfected when the pain became too unbearable and I didn't think I could get away with sneaking home or asking to go home sick again. Not being able to sleep at night and anxiety caused me to miss some days too. I was getting close to being fired. I even had a reputation of missing a lot of days with my coworkers.

Thanks, maybe I'll try selling some marimo moss balls I have. I don't really feel I have enough to be selling yet, but shipping a plant/algae would probably be less intimidating practice than shipping an animal. Not sure if you've heard of marimo moss balls, but they have some demand so if the price is right I probably could sell some.

Sorry your interviews didn't go better. Know when I tried in the past I failed most interviews. Only jobs I got were a couple of farm related ones that were seasonal and hired anyone and my delivery job where my friends dad recommended me to someone he knew there. Otherwise did horrible with sweating and stuttering during interviews. What did you think you could've done better in the interviews?

Good luck with taskrabbit. There are sites live fivver where you can offer to do tasks. Most tasks are only $5 on fivver but I think you can offer upgrades which cost more or offer to only do a half hour of work or less for $5. There are alternatives to fivver as well for freelancing. Not sure how good these are but here are a few lists
http://growingyourbiz.co/fiverr-alternatives
http://www.gigslerr.com/
https://www.lifewire.com/fiverr-alternatives-3485761

As said I thought I sent you my deviantart via pm, but yeah I haven't practiced much in a long time. So it feels foolish to try to get into an art or craft business but I'm feeling desperate.

post #128 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 04:21 PM
SAS Member

@slyfox

Thanks for sharing the link to your account! I can understand wanting to keep it private. No reason to be self-conscious about it though - what you have on there is pretty good! I especially like the wire sculptures! Have you made anything like that recently?

I'm not very familiar with fivver, although I've recently been checking out one of the "alternatives" listed in the third link that you provided - a company called Upwork. It seems that Upwork offers a lot of data entry jobs. I've had a bit of experience with data entry before, in one of my jobs prior to CVS, and some of the job listings on Upwork seem fairly simple. Still, I'm not an expert at data entry by any means - so I'm intimidated by the competition. Most of the user profiles on Upwork look really professional. I could probably handle some of the more basic jobs on there, but convincing people to hire me would be a challenge - especially for the first few jobs, since I'm not entirely sure how capable I would be.

It's the same with job interviews. Even though I'm not totally incompetent, I have no idea how to present myself as someone worth hiring. If I were to actually start a new retail job, I'm sure that - at least in most cases - I would be able to meet the employer's minimal expectations. But it would be hard for me to project confidence in my abilities beforehand...sigh...if only there were an easier way to get one's foot in the door. I've found myself thinking a lot about how in video games, you can often build up your skills in tutorial levels, before moving onto anything super challenging...sucks that gaining employment can't work that way.

As for Wegmans, each of the interviews lasted about 45 minutes and were both pretty intense. Even though I applied for two different shelf-stocking positions, they asked me a broad range of questions - such as how I would go about convincing customers to buy certain products. I get that even in stocking, I would be expected to provide assistance for customers. But I'm not sure how salesmanship would be a relevant skill for that position. When I worked at CVS, I never answered many questions about specific products, aside from which aisle to find them in.

They also went through my entire work history, asking why I left each position and what I liked / disliked most about all of my previous jobs. That was...really difficult. I didn't have particularly good answers prepared. When they asked about CVS, I told them that I had left for "extended travel" - which is more or less true, since I had gone out of town for much of the Summer. But I also tried to put a relatively positive spin on my time there - which led to them asking why I didn't just go back to CVS, after returning to the area. The most honest way of answering that would have been to simply say that I was burned out on the job and wanted to find something easier, but I mean, I wasn't going to say that during an interview, haha. So I just stuck with saying that I was looking for a new environment with new experiences. That was probably the best way that I could have answered the question, but...I guess that it might not have been the kind of response that they were looking for.

Since then, I've applied for TJ Maxx, which seems a little more laid-back than Wegmans. I was really hoping to hear something back from them, but it's been a couple weeks now, and still no word. Not sure where I'll try next.

I really wish that I could find something other than retail. Apparently, the city and county governments have jobs that don't require any kind of degree - I would love to do something like that, even if it requires stepping outside of my comfort zone a bit. Working for the government, in any capacity, just seems more fulfilling than working for a business. I applied for one of those jobs, but never heard anything back from them either. All of the gaps on my resume certainly must not be helping my chances of getting an interview - even though I'm still pretty young, and lots of people my age probably take time off from work for various reasons.
post #129 of 138 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

@Fox93

Thanks about my Deviantart account. I haven't made anything wire in a couple of years. They do seem to be what people like the most though, so maybe I should consider making some again.

If Upwork doesn't charge to list, you can always just give it a try. I know easier said than done and the same thing could be said for myself since ebay gives 50 free listings a month lol You can always improve the professional look of your listing as you go.

Yeah its too bad more places don't hire the first people who come in(assuming there isn't anything seriously bad in their application) and give them a probation/training period. I know they don't do this because the process of hiring people can cost the company a lot of money. But even people who give great interviews could just be great at interviews but lousy as actual employees.

Yeah I wouldn't expect the average employee to know a ton about the products, aside from where they are. Have thought it would be nice to apply to pet shops, because I do know a lot about pets and ones I don't know about I'm eager to learn more. The problem is I would still have my restroom problems. Also I will always want to eventually be self-employed. Not sure if my employer could find out, but they'd probably consider it a conflict of business if I sold certain things online. Well might have to consider it if my appeal doesn't go through. Until then I'll try to get myself working harder on being self-employed. Plan to get more hours in next week.

My resume would suck, but I wonder if I included a letter explaining things I know and have experience with like the nitrogen cycle/cycling aquariums, doing chemical water tests, and some about how saltwater works with live rock, etc if it would help. Have also kept a wide variety of animals including birds, mammals, fish, reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates. Normally they have to train employees in those kinds of things.

At least you are getting some practice with interviews. You've maybe done this already, but I know there are a lot of sites with resume and interview advice.

Good luck with searching for a government position. Not really government but my dad used to drive buses for the city. At least here they provided free training for the CDL he needed. He already had it from driving Greyhound before, but it was helpful for other drivers. They had trouble with people leaving after training to get better paying garbage truck jobs.

My 3+ year gape in employment certainly will make it hard for me to find employment as well not sure if self-employment helps at all on a resume, but maybe I should force myself to make things official with a Doing Business As and a sales tax license so I can claim I've been doing something. Actually did that in the past(2010 I think) but I ended up not trying to sell much and it just made a mess. This time I was hoping to make sure I actually would commit to it before taking those steps. I'll have to look that up, but I assume even official self-employment doesn't impress employers on resumes because they assume you don't know how to work for others or are not a team player.

post #130 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM
SAS Member

@slyfox

So I actually went ahead and made an Upwork account, right around the time that I last wrote. I didn't bother with my resume or personal bio very much - like you said, that sort of info would be easier to fill out down the road, once I've done a few jobs and had the chance to build up my confidence. Turns out though, that Upwork will deny your account, if it doesn't look professional enough. So...that didn't work out for me, haha.

On the other hand, I also got back in touch with InstaCart, and after messaging one of their customer service reps a few times, I was able to take another shot at their training session. It was held in the same store as last time, which again, is outside my immediate area. So I wasn't super familiar with the store layout. But at least I had been there once before. And this go round, I had a better sense of how to pace myself. Even though I had to ask store employees where to find a few of the items (and there were only like, five or six items total, haha) I managed to finish the demo order fast enough this time.

After that, I sat down with an InstaCart representative, who gave me a credit card and explained how to use it. He maybe went over a couple other things, but overall, I was probably in-and-out of the store in less than an hour - that's including the time that it took to receive and complete the demo order. When I had gone up there over the Summer, they walked us all around the store, explaining how the app works and answering questions, before sending us off on our own to find items. When I went up there last month though, they didn't include any of that - instead, I just did an online tutorial before going into the store.

Getting approved to pick up jobs through Instacart was definitely exciting! I was all ready to go, when suddenly, that same week, I got a call back for the government job I had been interested in - now that was really exciting! Apparently, when I first applied, the position had already been filled. But it opened up again. They had me come in for an interview, which went fairly well; maybe not great, but definitely better than the one with Wegmans. I recall them saying that they would get in touch with me within a week or so, regardless of whether or not I got the job. But it's been about two weeks now, and so far, nothing.

Meanwhile, I had been having some issues with setting up my InstaCart account - nothing that couldn't be resolved, but I decided to set it aside for awhile, until I heard back from the city. Well - now it seems that I might not hear back from the city and just this morning, I got an e-mail from InstaCart, saying that my account has been deactivated, since I haven't been picking up any jobs. I...probably should have expected that something like that might happen. Hopefully, I can get it reactivated. I'll definitely contact someone over that soon. I need a job desperately, since my parents haven't been in a good financial situation the last few years.

I've also been taking an online English class this semester, which has been a struggle, although it's definitely been going better than some previous English classes that I've attempted. I really hope that I can see it through to the end. But I've been falling behind in my work, and the last few weeks have been especially overwhelming.

Anyways, what have you been up to lately?
post #131 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

@Fox93 Congrats on passing your second test with InstaCart. Hope you got things resolved with your account being deactivated.

Good luck on the government job. I know when I used to do interviews that a lot of the places weren't reliable about contacting you with their decision

Good luck with your English class. Wish I could give advice, but I always struggled with keeping up with assignments. I've wanted to take online classes with the Gemological Institute of America because I suck at identifying rocks and minerals. Can't afford classes right now though and since I don't live near one of their campuses I would need to purchases $1000+ worth of specialized equipment. Probably would be better to take a sculpture or other art class if there are any in my area.

Haven't been up to much. Having too much anxiety to start anything. At first I was really motivated and was going to try to sell some ACEO(size of trading cards) art cards online, but then my motivation died and I decided to work on getting my house clean first so I have room to work and I can find some of my lost art supplies. Know I could probably do both. Just want to get this out of the way so I can no longer use it as an excuse. Also have been trying harder to stick to my diet.

post #132 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM
SAS Member

If i really forced myself to be more outgoing and social at school, i might have a life by now.
post #133 of 138 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 PM
SAS Member

keeping in touch with friends
post #134 of 138 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 06:36 AM
I Am Second

My Mood: Fine
I could of tried harder to help that guest last night.

~ I may be weak but Your Spirit's strong in me
My flesh may fail, but my God, You never will ~ Elevation Worship
post #135 of 138 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 05:23 AM
Is Lost

My Mood: Mellow
Studied harder in school and talked more with my friends. Spend less time on the computer.
post #136 of 138 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 06:07 AM
I Am Second

My Mood: Fine
Fought temptations better...ugh.

~ I may be weak but Your Spirit's strong in me
My flesh may fail, but my God, You never will ~ Elevation Worship
post #137 of 138 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Protector of the Den

Had goals last week for working on things(cleaning, other chores, exercise, art practice, etc). I was supposed to average about 4 hrs a day. The first day I started out strong with over 5 hours. I then got off track and it eventually became apparent I wasn't likely to achieve my total goal for the week. I then wasted the last two days viewing it as pointless. I should've really forced myself to do more the last two days even if I wouldn't achieve my goal.

Same sort of already happened this week. I wasted too much time Sunday to get my 4 hours in. I could've done some, but chose to just write it off as a wasted day. Since I wasted Sunday and my goal it based on averaging a certain amount of hours a day, I'm going to just treat this week like a 6 day week. Should've done more Sunday anyway, but now it is too late.

Maybe I should consider setting smaller 2-4 day goals since I have a bad habit of starting the week off strong and then giving up at the end of the week.

post #138 of 138 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM
SAS Member

Procastinated today, when I was supposed to plan a writing project.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page