Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Gonna start waking up from 4:30 AM Everyday.

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  TobeyJuarez 
#1 ·
I need to spark a change in my life, I need to start being more healthy and active. I'm gonna try waking up at 4:30 every day I read somewhere that it can help. Any tips on what else I can do to fill my time rather than video games and TV? I live in the middle of nowhere so going to the gym isn't an option.

#2 ·
That's too early, I try to get up around 7 or 8 and get in bed by midnight now. You could go jogging, volunteer, maybe on a local farm. Try anything you think you might enjoy.

I'd just carry on gaming, TV, movies and reading or whatever. Just don't do it for 8 hours a day or more, going from one extreme to another isn't healthy either.

#9 ·
Hey that's a cool idea, that would be pretty early for me though haha! When I'm not playing video games in the summer, I would take my bike and go around the block on the paths, even out in the countryside its not too bad as there's not really any heavy traffic. With winter approaching though, I'll probably look into other activities.

#12 ·
Hey op so it's November now. Have you been waking up at 4 like you planned? If so, what is your routine looking like in terms of activities and whatnot? If not, what happened and are you still interested in pursuing the goal? I wanted to wake up early too like around 5am and write for about 30 minutes before I started my morning routine. Never happened though..figure I will get there eventually...just not right now..

#13 ·
I did that ish for a month about 2 years ago, didn't really improve my level of life satisfaction or happiness (which I think is the goal of any of this work ultimately), but it did make me feel more disciplined.

#14 ·
I may try a variation of this myself. I know when I wake up before anyone else in the house and have a bit of time to myself I tend to feel better throughout the day. I'm horrible at sticking to a schedule though and sometimes I find myself unable to sleep because my brain just won't shut off. Wondering how you're doing with this.

#16 ·
Too those who are interested I did it for a month, it made it easy to cope with things. I felt like I was waking up because I wanted to wake up instead of because I needed too. The major problem with it was that I don't function without 10-12 hours sleep so I found my self just going straight to sleep after I got home from work. Plus its hard to fit people in your schedule when you sleep like this. There are pros and cons, I think this would work well if you were someone who didnt need much sleep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.