Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Cold hands/light purple fingernails and fatigue?

22K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sunmoonstars76 
#1 ·
I’ve had SA and GED for over 10 years now and lately developed cold intolerance, low blood pressure and on occasion light purple fingernails. I had all the blood tests for hormones, EKG’s, 24 hour halter and echocardiogram, noting showed up. Reynaud’s comes to mind but my hands don’t turn blue, so only other explanation I can came up with is anxiety affecting my nervous system in some weird way. Does anyone here experience similar symptoms and figured out what’s going on? :stu

#2 ·
I've had this most of my life. When I'm cold my fingertips and fingernails turn purple and will start to go numb (and they turn ice-cold to the touch). I've been told that it's probably a minor circulation issue and tests to check what it is would cost a lot. So I just wear gloves more often than most.

#3 ·
From what I know bluish fingernails indicate a lack of oxygen in the blood, due to blood poisoning, heart- or lung problems, iron deficiency.

But stress also strongly influences the sympathetic nervous system of our bodies. It leads to the constriction of the tiny periphal blood vessels, causing cold/blue hands and feet, headaches, dizzyness etc. when in stressful situations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.