Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you like these flavoured malt beverages?

• Yes, quite good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ick, gimme a beer/wine/liquor, etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Mike's Hard Lemonade/Smirfnoff Ice, etc.

11K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Andre 
#1 ·
I just bought a 24 oz of Mike's Hard Lime. Haven't had any of this stuff in years. It tastes pretty good. I would almost drink this during the day if I could.

#2 ·
http://www.cspinet.org/alcopops/ -- Look at how many calories they have!

Mike's Hard Lemonade has the same calorie content as a strong beer like Steel Reserve, except the later has 60% more alcohol and costs vastly less.

Mike's Hard Lemonade is indeed a delicious drink. You can't really tell there is any alcohol in it based on taste, which is probably why's it's the #1 choice of Dateline NBC child predators.

I rate alcoholic beverages on a few dimensions:

1) Price: it's very expensive for the tiny amount of alc you get -- a loser
2) Taste: delicious -- a winner
3) Calories: My *** is already fat enough -- a loser

I did see that Mike's has come out with a light version with about 70 calories -- they knock the alc content down (just like light beer does) and I assume they must use artificial sweetners.

#3 ·
It's okay. Certainly something I wouldn't drink to get drunk. I've mixed it up with regular beer before and it is a nice change.

On that note, have you tried 99 bananas? It's 44.9 alc/vol (hence the name '99') and tastes like artificial bananas. My sister introduced me to this schnapps. The idea of drinking more than a shot or two makes me want to puke, as with anything sweet, but it is tasty with a high alcohol content.

#4 ·
Yeah. I think it would almost be better to drink one bottle during the daytime not to get drunk. I drank the 24oz and almost felt too full to eat or drink anymore beer. As I type this I'm finishing a 22oz Lagunita's Maximus IPA, which is 7.5%, and I'm barely drunk. The Mike's really just filled me up. It's good, but too much sugar for me.

#5 ·
It's okay but I'm not a big fan. Any sweet alcoholic drink tends to make me drunk faster and give me a nasty hangover the next day so if I do drink it at all, I limit myself to one and drink a lot of water afterwards.

#10 ·
mikes hard lemonade is the best in the malternative category.

as stated earlier in the thread, these drinks fill you up too quickly. everytime i drink them, i dont have enough room leftover for liquor.

#11 ·
I've never tried any. I truly hate the taste of lemons, so I highly doubt that I would find enjoyment in sipping Mike's Hard Lemonade. The smell would likely reduce me to stomach contractions and involuntary vomiting.
emptybottle said:
I hate beer and pretty much every other kind of alcohol.
Me, too.

I've been drinking wine coolers lately, though. They're mostly consumed by postmenopausal women, I think. My grandmother loves them. I guess it's a good thing that I already have a vagina, because after a while I would otherwise have to invest in a sex change operation.

#12 ·
Drella said:
I've been drinking wine coolers lately, though. They're mostly consumed by postmenopausal women, I think. My grandmother loves them. I guess it's a good thing that I already have a vagina, because after a while I would otherwise have to invest in a sex change operation.
By wine cooler do you mean a product that actually contains wine, coming in a dinky bottle @ about 13% alc? "Wine cooler" is a term often misused to describe flavored malt beverages like Mike's. And Mike does make other flavors for those who hate lemonade. I think they have lime & cranberry at least -- I've never tried them, but I've seen them at the store.

And postmenopausal women still have vaginas, even if they don't bleed monthly and no longer need worry about pregnancy.

#13 ·
Re: re: Mike's Hard Lemonade/Smirfnoff Ice, etc.

odun said:
as stated earlier in the thread, these drinks fill you up too quickly. everytime i drink them, i dont have enough room leftover for liquor.
Come on, odun, be a man and drink some malt liquor. I'm currently savoring a pint of Steel Reserve. I've actually come to like the taste, even if you tell me only bums buy it. And at $1.99 for a 4-pint pack even the poors can afford it. Cheap enough for the poors, but enjoyed by this millionaire. :lol It's a beverage to unite those of all socio-economic classes.

#14 ·
UltraShy said:
Drella said:
By wine cooler do you mean a product that actually contains wine, coming in a dinky bottle @ about 13% alc?
I'm talking Bartles and Jaymes drinks that contain about 4% alcohol.
And postmenopausal women still have vaginas, even if they don't bleed monthly and no longer need worry about pregnancy.
Yeah, I meant that most men don't typically kick back and enjoy a tall, frosty wine cooler, hence the sex change reference. It's universally known as a chick drink (as far as I know, anyway.) I wasn't trying to imply that vaginas miraculously pack up their ovaries, and fly away like winged doves once menstration ends. Perhaps some do.

#15 ·
Drella, thanks for the clarification. B&J would be a flavored malt beverage just like Mike's. B&J's fuzzy navel is quite yummy. I bought some earlier this year because they had it on sale -- 2 packs for $5 and you got a $5 rebate if you bought 2 packs plus a any 12 pack or larger of beer.

I got over my SA for a moment and called their 800 number to ask where's my refund as it had been over the 8 weeks they said it should come by. The woman on the other end (obviously outsourced to India) confirmed that my refund was being processed and I'd get my check in about 3 more weeks.

#16 ·

UltraShy said:
odun said:
Come on, odun, be a man and drink some malt liquor. I'm currently savoring a pint of Steel Reserve. I've actually come to like the taste, even if you tell me only bums buy it. And at $1.99 for a 4-pint pack even the poors can afford it. Cheap enough for the poors, but enjoyed by this millionaire. :lol It's a beverage to unite those of all socio-economic classes.
no thanks.

im a liquor man, for better or worse. although i do enjoy the occasional malternative and arbor mist.

#17 ·

leppardess said:
It's okay but I'm not a big fan. Any sweet alcoholic drink tends to make me drunk faster and give me a nasty hangover the next day so if I do drink it at all, I limit myself to one and drink a lot of water afterwards.
My supervisor is Persian and he says to eat plain yogurt before drinking. It coats the stomach. He claims it prevents the nasty hangover. I don't know if it would work because I am no drinker, but if you do try it let me know.

#18 ·
Yeah, it's not like I will ever buy a 6-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Ice for anything but flavor.

I actually think you should be allowed to drink these kind of beverages at work. I can't imagine drinking more than two or three, and that would be a mild buzz for me.

I drank three Troegenator Double Bock's (8.2%) today and wasn't that drunk. Ahh. Help me.

#26 ·
I have various margaritas - does that count?
I have one probably once or twice a year - my stepmom usually has the stuff on-hand.

I have to stay away from Hard Lemonade at all costs.
I absolutely love lemon flavoring (candy, yogurt, meringue pie, etc). - I can get drunk on straight Country Time (pink or yellow), let me tell ya :lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.