Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How many words do you speak a day?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  marielabete 
#1 ·
lol I barely talk at all! I could go forever without talking....
You don't have to give an exact answer to the question, but I'm sure it's something we've all thought about...

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
If I lived alone and was in university or something, I'd probably say nothing at all unless it was required in the lesson.
Yes, that was my university experience. While in university, there were long stretches of time where I said nothing at all, especially during the two weeks class was dismissed and devoted to finals.

Now I'm living at home, so I do talk to my sister quite a lot. The nature of my job is rather antisocial (or consisting of a lot of independent work), so I spend most 9-5 days silently with minimal speaking.

I suppose in the domain of school and work, I've always been a quiet person. It is only at home that I actually speak. Apparently, this is a trait of selective mutism, although I have never been diagnosed with that disorder.

#4 ·
varies from day to day - in high school I could go through days with saying a sentence or two but nowadays I talk more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.