Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

mucuna pruriens

19K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ssalamone 
#1 ·
Hello, I just started supplementing with this herb the other day to help boost dopamine a bit and I gotta tell you so far its been giving me a nice energy boost and also noticing improvements with my concentration and mood. Im not sure if its helping much with my SA symtoms as it is still to soon to tell. I will update if it does though. I do however have a few questions that I would like to ask of those that are familiar with mucuna pruriens that im not sure about.

Does this herb need to be cycled?
Will I likely grow a tolerance to it if I dont?
If so, what is the recommended cycle?

Thanks for the advice!

#2 ·
Id stack it up with 5HTP (to increase serotonin too) EGCG (to slow periphal conversion of 5HTP and LDOPA to serotonin/dopamine) and forskolin (to increase dopamine density). Some pharmagaba too (to increase GABA) and you would be completely set.

#3 ·
I always end up going back to 5-HTP, this time in lower doses (50mg nightly), because it is the only supplement that keeps my depression at bay, specially when combined with L-Tyrosine. And yes, crazymed is right, if you take catecholamine precursors (mucuna, l-tyrosine) you need to take 5-HTP to balance the biochemistry.

I'm going to start taking Levothyroxine pretty soon to treat my thyroid and see if the benefits I get from L-Tyrosine are due to increased thyroid hormones. My doctor didn't want to prescribe it, but i bought it anyway with no problems :)

#8 ·
Ive read that the Mucuna pruriens also can boost seratonin as it contains 5HTP,

'It also looks to be very promising as a treatment for recovering drug addicts and people suffering from depression related illness, since these people have deficiencies of the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine (which the velvet beans contain and help balance in the human body)'

http://www.secrets-of-longevity-in-humans.com/mucuna-pruriens.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.